Generally, Cyclopam Tablet is used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome, period pain, pain in the stomach, fever, headache, cold, toothache, joint pain, abdominal pain, and other conditions. Cyclopam is manufactured by Indoco Remedies Ltd and it is a prescription-based medicine. It should be consumed only after consulting a health professional.
|Nature of Cyclopam:||Analgesic painkiller, muscle relaxant|
|Uses of Cyclopam:||Abdominal pain, headache, joint pain, irritable bowel syndrome, ear pain, flu.|
|Composition of Cyclopam :||Paracetamol – 500 MG, Dicyclomine – Dicycloverine – 20 MG|
|Side effects of Cyclopam :||Nausea, lightheadedness, Fatigue, Weakness, nervousness|
|Precautions of Cyclopam :||Renal ailment patients, heart patients must stay vary of this medicine|
The main ingredients of the medicine are Paracetamol and Dicyclomine. The tablet acts as a muscle relaxant and an analgesic pain-killer for various issues in the body.
Uses and Benefits of Cyclopam:
It contains Paracetamol and Dicyclomine as its main ingredients. These ingredients of Cyclopam, are found to be effective in the treatment of inflammation, pain, and muscle spasms in the stomach.
Cyclopam Tablet is used for the prevention, control, and treatment or improvement of the following conditions:
- Pain in the stomach- Cyclopam contains Paracetamol, which assists in blocking the enzyme responsible for pain. Hence, It helps in the treatment of Stomach pain.
- Mensuration pain or periods of pain- Periods pain is caused due to contraction of uterus which due to the synthesis of prostaglandin. Thus, the medicine is recommended for this condition.
- Fever- Cyclopam carries antipyretic property which assists in heat loss of the body. It contains paracetamol which helps in relieving fever.
- Cold- Cyclopam carries non-steroidal anti-inflammatory property. It helps in the treatment of a cold.
- Headache- It helps in relieving headache. However, the cause of headache should be diagnosed and proper treatment should be taken.
- Pain in abdomen- Pain in the stomach is relieved by this medicine effectively.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: The ingredient Dicycloamin present in Cyclopam helps in the treatment of irritable bowel.
- Intestinal Cramps: Cyclopam is a muscle relaxant. Hence, it is prescribed for Intestinal cramps. Thus, this medicine is helpful in treating irritable bowel syndrome.
- Joint Pain: Cyclopam is effective in providing relieve form joint pain due to injury or arthritis issues.
- Ear Pain: It helps in the treatment of ear pain which is caused due to infections, or any kind of injury.
- Flu: Cyclopam exhibits anti-inflammatory property which helps in relieving Flu.
- Toothache: It helps in the treatment of toothache.
- Menstrual cramps: Cyclopam exhibits anti-spasmodic property and thus prescribed for menstrual cramps. It is effective in relieving menstrual cramps.
The above list of clinical conditions is not exclusive, and it may be used in certain conditions. Also, a doctor should be consulted in advance to avoid any kind of complications in the future.
Read More: Defcort 6 Uses | Daflon 500 Uses
Side Effects of Cyclopam:
Cyclopam may cause some side effects, depending on the clinical conditions, drugs being consumed, age, etc. of the patient. These factors usually vary from patient to patient. Listed below is a possible list of side effects that Cyclopam may cause. It is important to consult a doctor about the dosage of this medicine before you start taking it.
- Dry mouth
- Feeling of sickness
- Blurred vision
- Decreased sweating
- Heat stroke
- Light headedness
- Abdominal discomfort
- Swollen facial features
- Increase in intraocular pressure
- Urine retention
- Urine hesitancy
- Short-term memory loss
The above-mentioned list of side effects are not exclusive. There may be other side effects too. In case of any undesired effects, a health professional should be consulted without any delay. Also, in case of side effects, The Tablet should be replaced with a suitable substitute or dosage should be adjusted.
Read More: Cosvate GM Side Effects | Clopilet 75 Side Effects
Common Dosage of Cyclopam:
- The dose of the medicine taken should be strictly on the basis of prescription given by a doctor.
- The dose of the medicine may vary from person to person as it entirely depends on the severity of the condition, age of the person, sex, any ongoing drugs and medical history of the person.
- The usual dosage prescribed is up to 80 mg in total for a day, which should be taken in 4 parts.
- It should be consumed 1 hour before a meal.
- The dosage of the medicine give to children should be strictly according to the doctor’s prescription.
If an individual misses the dose, then the medicine should be consumed as soon as possible. However, if it is overlapping with the time of the next dose, then the normal schedule should be followed. It should not be overdosed to compensate for the missed dose.
If this medicine overdoses then a medical professional should be consulted as soon as possible. Overdose of the medicine may result in the following conditions:
- Large pupils
- Dry/ Hot skin
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble swallowing
- Severe thirst
- Mood fluctuations (unusual excitement or confusion)
- Fluctuations in heart rate
- Muscle weakness
- Inability to move limbs (Paralysis)
- Slow breathing
To avoid such complications, The tablet should be taken as per the prescribed dose.
Read More: Celin Dosages | Ceftas 200 Dosages
Composition and Nature of Cyclopam:
Tablet of Cyclopam composition consists of the following 2 active ingredients (salts):
- Paracetamol – 500 MG: Paracetamol belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. The drugs work by blocking the production of Cyclooxygenase (COX), which later inhibits the production of prostaglandin. It is a hormone responsible for causing pain.
- Dicyclomine – Dicycloverine – 20 MG: The drugs belong to the category of antispasmodic drugs. It is prescribed for certain types of intestinal concerns which is also termed as irritable bowel syndrome. The medicine assists in treating symptoms of intestinal and stomach cramping. Dicyclomine which is also termed as Dicycloverine slow down the natural movements of guts thus relieves muscles of stomach and intestine.
These help in soothing the muscles and relaxing the body, when in pain.
Read More: Cardivas Composition | Bromhexine Composition
Cyclopam Price in India:
|Cyclopam Tablet||INR 45.00 (INR 4.50/ tablet)|
|Cyclopam Injection||INR 21.06 per pack of 10ml of 10mg|
|Cyclopam Suspension||INR 48.06 per pack of 30ml|
Read More: Betnovate Price | Calcium Sandoz Price
How to use Cyclopam:
- Cyclopam dosage must be taken as per the dose as prescribed or advised by a doctor.
- Do not chew, crush or break the tablet. One must swallow the tablet as a whole.
- If the medicine is taken in suspension form then the syrup should be measured with a proper measuring device and not by a tablespoon or a cup.
- If Cyclopam in injected then proper precaution should be followed, as per the instruction is given by a health professional.
- It should be taken at a fixed time.
- It can be taken with or without food. However, it is a good idea to consult your doctor about the same.
- The tablet may start to react in the body within 30 minutes of consuming it and the effect may last up to 6 hours.
- It is advisable not to consume the medicine on the basis of similar conditions suffered by another person.
How does Cyclopam Tablet Works?
- Cyclopam is a combination drug. The main ingredients present in the medicine are Paracetamol and Dicycloamine.
- Dicycloamine belongs to the category of anti-cholinergic drugs. It acts as muscle relaxant and assists in relaxing the present in stomach and intestine (gut). It works by stopping sudden contractions of muscles which is also termed as spasms. This helps in relieving pain, bloating, cramps and discomfort.
- Paracetamol present in the medicine belongs to the category of analgesics and antipyretic drugs. It works by blocking the synthesis of Cyclooxegenase which is an enzyme already present in our body. This enzyme triggers the synthesis of prostglandins which causes pain, inflammations and redness.
- When combined together, The drug assists in relieving all kind of muscle spasms in the intestine due to irritable bowel syndrome or menstrual cramps.
- It belongs to the category of anti-spasmodic drugs.
- It elevates the threshold of pain in the body, also, regulates body temperature by triggering the temperature control center of the brain.
- It assists in increasing the flow of blood across the skin, enhances heat loss and sweating. Thus, contributing in lowering the body temperature.
- The overall action of the medicine helps provide instant relieve from ongoing spasms in the gastrointestinal tract, menstrual cramps, headache, fever, pain, etc.
When Cyclopam is prescribed?
The Cyclopam is prescribed for the following clinical conditions:
- Menstrual pain
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Abdominal pain
- Joint Pain
- Intestinal cramps
- Ear pain
- Peptic Ulcers
- Abdominal cramping
- Motion sickness
- Irritable bowel disease
- Periodic Spasms
- Inability to control urine
- Ear pain
- Bowel spasms
The dosage of the drug should be followed as per the instruction is given by a health professional.
Precautions and Warning – When to Avoid Cyclopam Tablet?
Every medicine has a different effect on a different body. Since the medical conditions of every human being are different, the drug has its own effect.
While taking any medicine from the doctor, patients must let the doctor know about any medicines they are consuming and also provide a complete health checkup report. It is also a good idea to discuss the medical history with the doctor. This will help the doctor to give you the correct dosage of the medicine.
Here is, however, a list of precautions and warnings that must be kept in mind while taking Cyclopam:
- The tablet may cause blurry vision. It is advised that patients should not drive or work on any machinery after taking this.
- An overdose of the tablet may result in weakness or even paralysis.
- Patients allergic to paracetamol should avoid taking Cyclopam tablet.
- This medicine should not be consumed with alcohol.
- Congestive heart failure patients must consult a doctor before consuming the medicine.
- Renal disease or hepatic patients must consult a doctor before consuming this.
- Hiatal hernia patients must consult a doctor.
- Autonomic neuropathy patients must consult a doctor.
- Heart failure and heart disease patients must consult a doctor.
Cyclopam dosage must be taken only after consulting your physician.
Cyclopam Interactions with Other Drugs:
When It is combined and consumed along with other drugs, then there is a high risk of drug interactions. Either effect of all the medicines become null or their salts react and produce undesired results. The same case can happen when the medicine is consumed in case of certain diseases.
Hence to avoid such interactions, a health professional should be informed about the ongoing drugs and any kind of medical conditions. Here is a list of certain items that interact with Cyclopam and can cause adverse effects:
Interaction with drugs: Cyclopam, when combined along with other medicine, can either null the effect of medicine or react with the compound and cause adverse effects.
Some of the drugs that can interact with Cyclopam are listed below:
- Anti-psychotic agents e.g., Phenothiazines
- Anti arrhythmic agents e.g., quinidine
- Narcotic painkillers e.g. meperidine
- Nitrates and Nitrites
- MAO inhibitors
- Potassium chloride
If any undesired effect is experienced, then a health professional should be consulted. In the case of undesired effects, either dosage should be adjusted or cyclopam should be replaced with a suitable substitute.
Interaction with diseases:
Some diseases might diversify if interacted with Cyclopam. Hence, to avoid such complications, a medical professional should be informed in advance about the clinical conditions.
- Heart diseases: The medicine should be consumed under medical supervision by patients with any kind of heart conditions or any history of it. Using Cyclopam by patients with heart diseases can put them into increased risk of irregular heartbeat. A doctor should be informed in advance about this condition to avoid medical complications. If any undesired effect is experienced then the dose of the drug should be altered or an alternate treatment option should be considered which is favorable to the clinical condition.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: The medicine should be avoided by patients with obstructive diseases in the gastrointestinal tract including esophageal stricture, pyloric obstruction, and stenosing peptic ulcer. Use of Cyclopam in case of such diseases or with any such history can worsen these conditions. A health professional should be informed about this medical condition in advance to avoid any kind of medical complications. If any undesired effect is experienced then a medical professional should be consulted without any delay. In such a case, the dosage should be altered or cyclopam should be replaced with a suitable substitute.
- Prostatic Hypertrophy: The medicine should not be consumed by patients with history of urinary tract obstruction disorders such as prostatic hypertrophy. A doctor should be informed about this case in advance, to avoid any risk of probability. If required, an alternative medical option should be selected which is favorable to the condition and does no harm.
Interaction with Alcohol:
Any medicine with Paracetamol as an ingredient, when consumed along with alcohol, puts an individual in the risk of liver damage. Hence, Alcohol should be avoided with Cyclopam.
In case of some lab tests, conducting test after consuming Cyclopam might alter the result.
Hence, the concerned pathologist should be informed in advance regarding the ongoing medicine.
In the case of some diseases or clinical condition, the consumption of the drug should be strictly avoided. Use of this medicine under such circumstance might worsen the condition leading to fatal damage or even death in a certain condition.
Here is a list of conditions where Cyclopam should be avoided strictly:
- Pregnant: It should be taken only after consulting a healthcare professional. The pros and cons offered by the medicine should be calculated, and the medicine should be consumed only if the benefits outweigh the risk.
- Breastfeeding: The medicine is not recommended for women who are breastfeeding infants as the medicine might pose the risk to infants. Always consult a doctor before using the medicine, or ask for a suitable substitute. If it is necessary, then breastfeeding should be stopped for the duration.
- Kidney diseases: An individual who is suffering with any kind of kidney diseases should avoid the consumption of the drug. The use of this medicine might worsen the condition. If required, take the medicine under medical supervision or ask for a suitable dose adjustment.
- Liver diseases: It in case of Liver disease might make the condition adverse and result in fatal liver damage. A doctor should be consulted for a suitable substitute in case any undesired effect is experienced.
- Allergy: The medicine should by avoided by patients who have known history of allergy to Cyclopam or any of its ingredients. To avoid such situation, the instruction leaflet should be read properly before consuming the medicine.
- Diarrhea: It is not recommended in case of patients with infectious diarrhea, as it may worsen the symptom. In such condition, an alternate treatment option should be selected.
Substitutes of Cyclopam:
Listed below are few substitutes of Cyclopam tablet:
|Spasmorid 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet produced by Cipla Ltd||Spasmokem 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Alkem Laboratories Ltd|
|Colinet 20Mg/500Mg Tablet manufactured by the Tenet Healthcare||Biospas 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries|
|Baralgan Nu Tablet manufactured by the Sanofi India Ltd||Zandu Tablet manufactured by the Zandu Pharmaceutical Works Ltd|
|Spasly 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd||Nicospas Tablet manufactured by the Abbott India Ltd|
|Cyclo P 20mg/500mg Tablet manufactured by the Laborate Pharmaceuticals India Ltd||Spasmokem G 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Alkem Laboratories Ltd|
|Cyclomec 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the McW Healthcare||Swispas 20 mg/500 mg Tablet manufactured by the Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd|
|Spasmak 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Makers Laboratories Ltd||Lupispas Plus 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Lupin Ltd|
|Dispas Tablet manufactured by the Agron Remedies Pvt Ltd||Berberal 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Maxigan D 20Mg/500Mg Tablet manufactured by the Unichem Laboratories Ltd||Spasmogil 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Galpha Laboratories Ltd|
|Afdispas 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Anglo-French Drugs & Industries Ltd||Synospas Tablet manufactured by the Syncom Formulations I Limited|
|Spasmak Y 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Win-Medicare Pvt Ltd||Brenum P 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Gujarat Terce Laboratories Ltd|
|Dolospas 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd||Spasmo Flexon 20 Mg/500 Mg Tablet manufactured by the Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd|
Cyclopam Suspension Form:
It is also available in suspension form. Being an antispasmodic, this drug is used to treat various kinds of a gastrointestinal problem known as irritable bowel syndrome. It helps in relieving the symptoms such as cramping intestinal. This medicine works on the mechanism of slowing down of the natural movement of the gut and relaxes the stomach and muscles in the intestines.
Variants of Cyclopam Tablet :
- Cyclopam Tablet- Dicyclomine (20mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen (500mg)
- Cyclopam Suspension- Dicyclomine (10mg) + Activated Dimethicone / Simethicone (40mg)
- Cyclopam Drops- Dicyclomine (10mg) + Activated Dimethicone / Simethicone (40mg)
- Cyclopam 10 mg injection- Dicyclomine (10mg)
How to store Cyclopam?
- The medicine should be stored at a temperature below 30ºC or 86ºF.
- It should be stored away from moisture and light.
- It should not be stored in the bathroom.
- The medicine should be kept away from the reach of children and pets.
- The medicine should not be flushed down the toilet or poured into a drain unless asked to do so.
- If the medicine has exceeded the expiry date then it should be disposed of properly. Ask a pharmacist for the disposal method.
1) Can I drive after taking the dose of Cyclopam?
Ans: It is not recommended to drive after taking the tablet of Cyclopam since it causes blurry vision as one of its side effects.
2) Can I take tablet of cyclopam during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
Ans: Since the tablet of Cyclopam contains dicyclomine; it must not be taken during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. However, pregnant women can take Cyclopam after consulting their gynecologist and weighing its pros and cons.
3) What should I do if I miss a dose?
Ans: If you notice that you have missed taking a dose, try taking your tablet as soon as possible. However, if it is time to take your next dose, then you should simply skip the missed dose. In any case, you should not take two Cyclopam tablets at a small interval of time to avoid over-dosage.
4) Can I consume alcohol while I am on cyclopam?
Ans: It is not advised to take alcoholic beverages when you are on medication. In case you are addicted to alcohol, then consult your doctor about the same before taking any medicines.
5) Cyclopam Tablet is addictive?
Ans: No, It is not addictive. Any addictive drugs in India are classified as schedule X or H and in the United States as schedule II-IV. You must read the package of the drug carefully for all the information.
6) I have taken an overdose of the prescribed Cyclopam. What should I do now?
Ans: If you have taken an overdose of the prescribed medicine then you should immediately consult a doctor. There are serious side effects of this medicine. In case of an overdose of the tablet, you may have serious muscular weakness or even end up with paralysis.
7) How should Cyclopam Tablet be consumed?
Ans: It can be administered at any time as suggested by the doctor. It can be taken before, with or after having meals. Caution should be exercised to consume the medicine only as a whole. The medicine must not be chewed, crushed or broken.
8) Can patients of renal ailments be prescribed Cyclopam?
Ans: It can be administered by patients with renal diseases. The dosage of the medicine needs to be adjusted in accordance with the discretion of the prescribing doctor. It is very important for the patient to disclose their medical history to the doctor in order to avoid the occurrence of any side- effects.
9) Can patients of active liver or other liver-related ailments consume the Cyclopam tablet?
Ans: It is very important to consult a doctor who is aware of the patient’s medical history before consuming the Tablet as it could cause an adverse effect on the body of a patient. In most cases, people with severe liver ailments and an active liver are not advised to take the Tablet.
10) How long does it take to show effect and improvement in my condition?
Ans: Most users of this medicine have experienced relief in symptoms and improvement in their condition within 24 hours of consumption of the tablet. The effect is also dependent on the severity of the illness and dosage among other factors.
11) Can the consumption of the Cyclopam be stopped immediately or should be slowly weaned off?
Ans: Some medicines which are generally addictive in nature have a tendency to cause a shock like an effect on the body if consumption is stopped immediately. Although It is not categorized as an addiction forming medicine, it is quintessential to consult a doctor before stopping or altering the dosage of the medicine.
12) Can it be administered for pain caused in the abdomen during periods?
Ans: One of the main uses of the medicine is to provide immediate relief to patients suffering from menstrual cramps and abdominal discomfort during periods. Although it provides relief from the above-mentioned symptoms, a doctor must be consulted before consuming the drug. It is also important to disclose the medical history to the doctor.
13) Can patients with an allergy to paracetamol consume the Cyclopam?
Ans: It must be noted that the primary ingredient used in the composition of the Tablet is paracetamol. Patients with a history of an allergic reaction to paracetamol must steer clear of consuming the medicine. A doctor must be consulted to prescribe an alternative medicine which would be safe to use in order to cure an illness.
14) Can Cyclopam be consumed along with antacids?
Ans: Consumption of antacids is generally not encouraged alongside Cyclopam. This is because this medicine has a tendency to cause severe side effects and may lead to a negative reaction on the body.
15) Can I take Cyclopam for relieving pain after a miscarriage?
Ans: Yes, the doctor generally prescribes this Tablet or a similar antispasmodic medication in order to relieve the abdominal discomfort and pain post a miscarriage. A doctor’s advice must be taken before administering the medicine as it has the tendency to cause severe side effects.
16) Can the Cyclopam tablet be taken for gastric problems?
Ans: Yes. It is often prescribed to patient’s suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. Being an antispasmodic, it helps in subsiding the ill- effects caused by the syndrome in the intestines and also helps in relieving cramps in the stomach. It shows the effect by slowing down the natural movement of substances in the stomach and relaxes the muscles of the gut and the intestines.
17) Can children be given Cyclopam tablet?
Ans: Children can be given Cyclopam syrup in administered quantity. A doctor must always be consulted before giving any medication to children. Self- medication can prove to be more dangerous than advantageous.
18) What is Cyclopam used to treat?
Ans: It is generally used to relieve abdominal pain and cramps in the abdominal region. It also helps in treating bloating, spasms and discomfort.
19) What are the various side effects of Cyclopam?
Ans: The various side effects of the medicine that may arise post the consumption of Cyclopam are listed below-
- Feeling of sickness
- Swollen facial features
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
20) What is the use of Cyclopam Tablet?
Ans: It is an anticholinergic medicine. It is used for relieving pain in the stomach and abdominal region. It is also recommended for pain caused due to mensuration, fever, cold, headache, and flu. It is also prescribed for joint, ear, and toothache. The medicine should be used cautiously, as it causes dizziness.
Read More: Olix | Nutrolin B | Nexpro