Cobadex Forte Capsule is a combination multivitamin of Vitamin B complex.The medicine is used as a nutritional supplement in case of multivitamin deficiency. Cobadex is an over the counter medicine. However, it is advised to use the medicine after consulting a doctor to avoid any kind of interactions or side effects.
|Nature of Cobadex Forte Capsule:||Multivitamin|
|Composition of Cobadex Forte Capsule:||Vitamin B complex, Folic acid, Vitamin C|
|Uses of Cobadex Forte Capsule:||Vitamin deficiency, Hair fall, healing|
|Side-effects of Cobadex Forte Capsule:||Bloating, dryness, Heartburn|
|Precautions of Cobadex Forte Capsule:||evere liver diseases, pregnant and lactating women should avoid the medicines|
The medicine is prescribed for vitamin B12 deficiency, hair fall , pregnancy, diabetic neuropathy, grey hair, wound healing, etc. GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals manufactures Cobadex Forte Capsule.
Uses and Benefits of Cobadex Forte:
Cobadex Forte Capsule is prescribed to patients with a Vitamin B12 deficiency. Patients who have slow wound healing, hair fall, complications with their pregnancy, Vitamin B3 or Thiamine deficiency, Biotin deficiency, or migraine headaches may be prescribed Cobadex Forte. Patients may be prescribed Cobadex Forte as part of treatment of megaloblastic anemias due to a deficiency of folic acid, or anaemia from any other case such as of nutritional origin, pregnancy, infancy, or childhood.
Patients suffering from high cholesterol, diarrhoea, Alzheimer’s disease, ADHD, Arthritis, certain neurological disorders, cardiac problems or eye disorders, Hyperhomocysteinemia, convulsions, Homocystinuria, scurvy, cell damage, problems with tissue repair or red blood cell production may be prescribed Cobadex Forte.
Symptoms such as weak nails, grey hair, and seborrhoeic dermatitis in infants, streptomycin neurotoxicity, Salicylate toxicity, Alopecia, osteoarthritis, catarrhal respiratory disorders, diabetic neuropathy, and congenital hypothyroidism may be prescribed with Cobadex Forte.
Side Effects of Cobadex Forte:
- Allergic reactions such as difficulty with breathing, swelling of limbs or face, or rashes
- Dry hair, flatulence, bloating, weakness, heartburn, an upset stomach, or nausea or vomiting, dry mouth or ulcers in the mouth, headaches, or constipation.
Common Dosage of Cobadex Forte:
The doctor will choose the dosage and the duration of the Cobadex Forte Capsule according to the patient’s condition and overall health.
- The medicine belongs to the category of nutritional supplements which assist in maintaining adequate vitamin levels in the body. It is advised to take the medicine at a fixed time on daily basis.
- For adults, one capsule is recommended once a day.
- The medicine is not recommended for children.
- The course of the medicine depends on the severity of condition or deficiency of the vitamin.
Composition & Nature of Cobadex Forte:
Cobadex Forte has a number of active ingredients including Vitamin B complexes:
- Folic Acid – Vitamin B9 – 1.5 mg
- Vitamin B12 – 15 mcg
- Vitamin B1 – 10 mg
- Vitamin B2 – 10 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 3 MG
- Calcium Pantothenate – 50 mg
- Nicotinamide – 100 mg
- Vitamin C – 150 mg
Cobadex Forte Capsules Price in India:
- Cobadex Forte (a strip of 20 tablets): 25 INR
How to use Cobadex Forte Capsule?
- It is available in the form of gelatine capsules.
- Cobadex capsules should be administered orally.
- The capsules should be swallowed as a whole. It should not be chewed or crushed.
- The capsules should not be consumed in empty stomach.
- Cobadex should be consumed after meals as it enhances the chance of drug absorption.
- The dosage should be followed as per the directions given by the doctor.
- It is advised to not exceed the prescribed amount or extend the course without consulting a doctor.
- If symptoms are not improving or deteriorating, a medical practitioner should be consulted without any delay.
- If Cobadex is being consumed as an OTC medicine, then it is advised to read the dosage and directions mentioned on the leaflet.
How Cobadex Forte works?
Cobadex Forte Capsule is an essential vitamin supplement that protects the body in a number of ways:
- It treats Vitamin B12 deficiency and maintains tissues of the body to help prevent such deficiency. It works on the body to relax the muscles of the heart and works on the nerve signals to the brain.
- It helps with production of antibodies and haemoglobin
- It also inhibits the synthesis of the low-density lipoprotein and so helps in lowering the cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- It also acts on megaloblastic bone marrow to yield a normoblastic marrow
- It metabolizes carbohydrates
- It helps with keeping blood sugar level in a safe range
- It helps in wound healing by blocking the damage
- It is used to treat deficiency of Biotin levels
- It increases the level of glutathione
Warnings/Precautions- When to avoid Cobadex Forte Capsule?
Patients using Cobadex Forte should keep some precautions in mind:
- Patients with a history of kidney or liver disease or a family history of hepatic and renal disorders are not advised to use Cobadex Forte and should take the doctor’s advice before using it.
- Diabetics who are gathering urine glucose levels may have an inaccurate level due to use of Cobadex Forte.
- Women who have painful or irregular menstrual cycles, menstrual cramps, and abdominal pain should inform the doctor.
Substitutes for Cobadex Forte:
Substitutes for Cobadex Forte that use the same formulation of Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C and other components include:
- Basiton Forte Tablet manufactured by Abbott India
- Becosules Syrup manufactured by Pfizer
Cobadex Forte Capsule Interaction with Other Drugs:
There are a number of interactions possible between Cobadex Forte and other medicines or conditions:
- Patients who are allergic to Cobadex Forte or any of its components should not use it.
- Patients using Cobadex Forte should not consume alcohol, particularly patients with liver conditions, including alcoholic cirrhosis.
- Patients who are using anti-diabetic drugs may not be able to use Cobadex Forte safely.
- Cobade Forte may also interact with aminophylline, barbiturates, allopurinol, carbamazepine, atorvastatin, arsenic trioxide, chloramphenicol, abacavir, and amiodarone.
- Cobadex when taken along with certain medicines or in case of certain medical conditions, there is chance of interaction which might result in worsening of the condition or some undesirable effects.
Here is a list of possible Drugs interactions:
- Drugs: Cobadex when taken along with other medicines might interact and result in neutralization of effect of either of the medicines. It can also worsen the present medical conditions or may produce some undesirable effects.
Here is a list of medicines that should not be consumed along with Cobadex.
- Arsenic trioxide
- Anti-diabetic drugs
- Folic acid antagonists (trimethoprim or methotrexate)
- Aluminium containing antacids
- Oral contraceptives
Diseases: Cobadex when taken in certain medical conditions might interact and worsen the condition or result in some unwanted effects. To avoid such conditions, it is advised to consult a medical practitioner in advance. Also, information regarding the present medical conditions and on-going medications should also be shared.
Here is list of possible Disease interaction:
- Allergic reactions: If an individual is susceptible to allergic reactions, one should consult a doctor before consuming Cobadex. If any unwanted effects are experienced then the medicine should be discontinued and a medical practitioner should be consulted without any delay.
- Hypersensitivity: If an individual is hypersensitive, then Cobadex should be consumed after consulting a medical practitioner. If any unwanted effect is experienced then a medical practitioner should be consulted without any delay.
- Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding mother should consult a medical practitioner before consuming the medicine. Cobadex should only be consumed if the benefits outweigh the risks.
- Pregnant: Pregnant women should consult a medical practitioner and check the risks and benefits. The medicine should only be consumed if benefits outweigh the risks involved.
- Leber’s disease: Cobadex contain Vitamin B 12 (Cyanocobalamin) as its main ingredient, which if used in case of tobacco amblyopia or Leber’s disease may interact and deteriorate the optic neuropathies further.
- Hepatic impairment: The medicine should be consumed with caution by patients suffering from hepatic impairment.
- Renal impairment: Cobadex should be used with caution in case of patients suffering from renal impairments. A doctor should be consulted before consuming the medicine. Also, if any side effects are experienced then a medical practitioner should be consulted as soon as possible.
Cobadex Forte Variations:
- Cobadex Capsules
- Cobadex Syrup
1) What affect does Cobadex Forte Capsule show on organs?
Ans: The Cobadex Forte Capsules should be used with caution in patient suffering from kidney and liver disease. Patients suffering from peptic ulcers should use the medicine after consulting a doctor.
2) Is Cobadex Forte safe to be used by pregnant women?
Ans: The medicine should be used with caution by pregnant women. It is advised to consult a doctor before consuming the medicine. The doctor should be informed in advance if the woman is pregnant or planning for pregnancy.
3) Is Cobadex Forte safe to be used by breastfeeding women?
Ans: Yes, Cobadex Forte is safe to be used by breastfeeding women as it caused no harm to the foetus. However, it is advised to consult a doctor before consuming the medicine to avoid any complication.
4) What happens if somebody overdoses on Cobadex Forte Capsule?
Ans: Some of the symptoms experienced due to overdose of Cobadex Forte are diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of appetite, breast soreness, sleep disturbances, mental changes, photosensitivity, abdominal cramps, etc. In case of overdose, a doctor should be consulted immediately.
5) Is it safe to drive after consuming Cobadex Forte Capsule?
Ans: Few people have complained of dizziness , drowsiness, headache or low blood pressure after consuming Cobadex Forte. If any of the symptoms are experienced by an individual then driving or any work that requires concentration should be avoided.
6) When Cobadex Forte is prescribed?
Ans: Cobadex Forte Capsule is prescribed for the deficiency of vitamin B and vitamin C in adults. The deficiency may be due to following conditions:
- Dietary restrictions leading to obesity
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Dysentery or Chronic diarrhoea
- Diabetes mellitus
- Long term antibiotic use
7) Can Cobadex Forte be used along with Alcohol?
Ans: Cobadex Forte should not be consumed along with alcohol, as it might interact and cause side effects. Some of the side effects that may occur are drowsiness, dizziness and stillness. A doctor should be consulted if someone is addicted to alcohol.
8) Are there any specific guidelines to be followed while using Cobadex Forte Capsules?
Ans: There are no specific guidelines; however following tips should be kept in mind while consuming the medicine:
- Antibiotics are prescribed along with Cobadex Forte tablet to prevent side effects of antibiotics which includes diarrhoea and oral ulcers.
- Cobadex Forte capsule contains Vitamin B complex and Vitamin C, which are rich sources of antioxidants. It helps in maintain immunity.
- Cobadex Forte capsules should be used along with certain medication as it is a source of nutrition and do not treat the underlying diseases or conditions.
9) Are there any allergic reactions due to consumption of Cobadex Forte?
Ans: If an individual is allergic to Cobadex Forte Capsule or any of its ingredients then it should be reported to a medical practitioner at the time of prescribing the medicine.
Some of the allergic reactions reported due to Folic acid and Thiamine are mentioned below:
- Loss of consciousness
- Swelling of lips, face, tongue or throat
- Shortness of breath
10) When the use of Cobadex Forte Capsules should be avoided?
Ans: Cobadex Forte Capsules should not be avoided in following conditions:
- If an individual is allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consume the medicine only after consulting a medical practitioner.
- An individual with any kind of hepatic impairment (liver diseases/disorders) should consume the medicine after consulting a medical practitioner.
- Patients with any kind of renal impairments (kidney diseases/disorders) should consult a doctor before consuming the medicine.
- An individual with peptic ulcer should avoid the medicine.