Clopilet 75 mg tablet is a medicine that helps in treating blood clots that are formed in blood vessels, arteries, and other body parts. This medicine also has the ability to treat mild strokes, acute coronary syndrome, and other health conditions. Clopilet is an antiplatelet medicine that stops the occurrence of clots in the blood vessels. By consuming this medicine alongside some other antiplatelets, you can eventually get improvement in your health condition. If you are suffering from some bleeding disorders then, it is not advisable to intake Clopilet medicine. One who uses this medication must be monitored closely on the count of the blood platelets. The composition of Clopilet medicine is 75 MG of Clopidogrel. This post also provides an in-depth guide to Clopilet for treating blood clots in the blood vessels.
Composition and Nature of Clopilet:
In Clopilet medicine, you can find an active ingredient namely Clopidogrel in a composition of 75 mg. This active ingredient falls under the category of antiplatelet products. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited manufactures the Clopilet 75 mg tablet. The package of Clopilet comprises 10 tablets.
Uses & Benefits of Clopilet:
Here are some of the excellent benefits of using Clopilet medicine:
- One who has acute coronary syndrome can use Clopilet 75 mg tablet that treats this disease condition. This disease might block the flow of blood towards the heart muscles.
- This medicine also helps in curing the Ischemic stroke wherein this disease might obstruct the flow of blood to the brain.
- Clopilet medicine has the ability to treat a peripheral arterial disease wherein it hinders the blood vessels that usually flow blood towards the heart, limbs and the remaining parts of the body.
- Diminishes the stickiness of blood platelets and thereby evades the platelets from sticking to the artery walls and hinders the formation of thrombus.
- Prevents the blood clots in the blood vessels
- People who are suffering from a heart attack and other health disorders can lessen their risk of sudden heart attacks and strokes if they consume this tablet on a daily basis.
- For better results, one must intake this Clopilet medicine alongside the anti-platelets.
- Helps in treating myocardial infarction
- This medicine works in the best way by treating acute coronary syndrome
- Cures marginal artery disease in some patients
These are some of the amazing benefits of the Clopilet tablet that evades the formation of blood clots in different parts of the body.
Side Effects of Clopilet:
We have compiled a list of some of the commonly caused side effects in those who consume this medication. However, it is not mandatory that all will experience these side effects. All these are potential side effects that may or may not show their impact on the patients. Some of the side effects last long while some other side effects might vanish in a less span of time. Here are some of the side effects of Clopilet tablet given below:
- Difficulty in breathing
- A Headache
- Abdominal Pain
- Joint Pains
- Blood appears while urinating and stools
- White patches on the mouth and tongue
- Redness of the skin
- One might experience a change in their taste
- Loss of Hunger
- Frequent Hypersensitivity Effects
- Skin Rashes
- Heavy Bleeding
- Hemorrhagic stroke
- Gastrointestinal issues
- A cough
Whenever you are triggered by any of these side effects, you need to contact your doctor immediately.
Common Dosage of Clopilet:
The doctor or the health physician takes the ultimate decision regarding the dosage given to a patient. The medicine and the dosage are suggested based on the age and the conditions of the patient. The dosage of Clopilet medicine depends on some factors. Some of them include the condition of the patient, severity of the disease, reaction to the initial dosage of this medicine, and the history of previous allergies and surgeries.
There are chances that you might miss a dose due to heavy work at your home and workplace. In such a case, you need to consume it whenever you remember it. Ensure that the time you remember about the medication isn’t near to the next dosage.
If you take an overdose of the Clopilet medicine then, it might show adverse effects on the patient. You need to consume the medicine only in a single dose. Don’t double the dosage. In case, if you take a double dose then, it might lead to some side effects. Try to contact your doctor immediately for proper treatment.
How to Use This Tablet?
Usually, the doctor will prescribe the dosage for Clopilet 75 mg medication based on your condition and age. One must intake this medicine in adequate proportions as suggested by the physician. The patients should swallow this medicine completely without breaking it or chewing it. If you want to witness the results in a quick way then, try to intake this medication at regular intervals of time. Ensure that the medicine you intake is in precise quantities.
How does Clopilet 75 MG Tablet work?
The Clopilet Tablet works by obstructing the adenosine diphosphate receptor present in the cell membranes of the platelet. This way, it impedes the activation of the platelet and blocks the further formation of the blood clumps. Clopilet medicine has the power to reduce the adhesion of the blood platelets. This will eventually prevent the platelet to stick to the arteries internal walls. Through this obstruction, the medicine helps in stopping the formation of thrombus [otherwise referred to as blood clots].
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Clopilet?
There are some precautions for those who are about to consume Clopilet medicine for treating their blood clotting disorder. Check out the related warnings and precautions listed below:
- People who intake this medication must be careful before the consumption. There is a risk of bleeding if you intake it on a regular basis.
- If you find any bleeding disorder, try to inform your doctor immediately
- It is not recommended to stop the usage of this medicine suddenly
- If you discontinue the intake of this medicine might lead to the jeopardy of cardiovascular effects.
- People who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant should avoid the consumption of this medicine.
Substitutes for Clopilet:
We have listed some of the alternatives to Clopilet 75 mg medicine given below:
- Noplaq 75 MG Tablet [Manufactured By Alkem Laboratories Limited]
- Noklot 75 MG Tablet [Manufactured By Zydus Cadila]
- Deplatt 75 MG Tablet [Manufactured By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Clopitab 75 MG Tablet [Manufactured By Lupin Limited]
- Clopigrel 75 MG Tablet [Manufactured By Usv Limited]
Clopilet 75 MG Tablet Interactions:
Usually, the drug interactions might alter based on the working procedure of the medications. Some of the drug interactions have been listed below:
- No steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: The bleeding disorder might enhance if you consume non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs alongside the Clopilet medicine.
- Isoniazid: It is a major interaction with the Clopilet drug. It might show some impact on the working procedure of this medicine if you interact with other medications.
- Fluconazole: If you intake Fluconazole then, the impact of Clopilet 75 mg medication will be diminished eventually. Try to tell your doctor regarding medications such as Ketoconazole and Voriconazole.
- Escitalopram: If you intake this medication then, there are high chances of bleeding. It could eventually lead to bleeding, fatigue, gastrointestinal bleeding and more.
If you intake Clopilet medicine then, it might enhance the jeopardy of bleeding from different organs. Hence, it is necessary to intake this medication with utmost caution.
Interaction with alcohol and food is not fully known as of now. However, it is recommended to contact your physician regarding the intake of Clopilet medicine. Even, there is no information regarding the outcomes whenever you interact with your medicine with lab tests.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions related to the Clopilet tablet that aids in treating the blood clumps formed within the blood vessels and other parts of the body. Check it out!
Ans: People who are suffering from blood clots in blood vessels need to intake Clopilet medicine carefully especially when they are pregnant. You might experience some risks if you intake this medicine during pregnancy without any proper consultation from the doctor.
Ans: As of now, it is not completely known about the excretion of this tablet into breast milk. If you are in a high requirement, only then you must intake this medicine.
Ans: People who intake this medicine might feel drowsy or sleepy. In such a case, it is not recommended to consume Clopilet medicine at the time of driving or vice versa.
Ans: If you are suffering from liver disease, you need to make dosage adjustments after proper consultation from the doctor.
Ans: You need to intake this medicine with utmost caution as it might show an adverse effect on your kidneys.
Ans: No, even if you consume this medicine on a frequent basis, it doesn’t become an addiction to the patients.
Ans: Once you intake this medicine, the impact of this medicine will last long for a time duration of 12 hours i.e., half a day.
Ans: One can witness the impact of this medicine in just 2 hours from the consumption through the mouth.
Ans: It is not known whether it shows any effect on the patient when this medicine interacts with alcohol. However, take a proper suggestion from the doctor regarding the same.
Ans: If you are suffering from allergic conditions then, you must avoid the intake of this medicine. It is also not recommended for those who have bleeding disorders. Some of the disorders include bleeding in the brain and peptic ulcers.
Ans: Yes, people who have allergic conditions and other bleeding disorders aren’t recommended to intake this Clopilet tablet.
Ans: One must store the Clopilet 75 mg tablet at room temperature and away from the children.
Ans: The cost of 150 mg strips of Clopilet tablets that comprises 10 tablets is Rs 142. For the 75 mg strips package containing 15 tablets, the price is Rs. 105.
These are some of the commonly asked questions about the Clopilet 75 mg tablet. If you have any of the queries related to this medication, you can find the appropriate answers through this post.