Ciplox Tz Tablet is an antibiotic used for the treatment of various forms of bacterial infections, including vaginal or stomach infections, and other forms of infection. It comes under the category of quinolone drugs. Ciplox Tz Tablet is manufactured by Cipla.
Uses and Benefits of Ciplox TZ Tablet:
The primary usage of Ciplox Tz is against bacterial infections:
- Vaginal or stomach infections are the most common conditions that are treated by Ciplox TZ Tablet.
- It is also used to treat Erosive Esophagitis, which are ulcers caused due to severe acidity, and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease where acid from the stomach and bile irritates the food pipe.
- Gums infection, chest infections, womb lining infections, infections of the skin, and infections of the blood are treated by this medicine.
- Helicobacter Pylori infection may be treated by a cocktail of drugs including Ciplox Tz Tablet.
- Parasitic infections and lung infections are treated by this medication.
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome where excess acid is produced in the stomach due to tumors in the small intestine is treated with this medicine.
- It is also used for the treatment of ulcers in the stomach and small intestines and prevention of stress ulcers.
Side Effects of Ciplox TZ Tablet:
There are a number of side effects that might be a direct result of the consumption of Ciplox Tz Tablet.
Some of these side effects are listed below:
- Unpleasant metallic taste in the mouth, nausea, indigestion, and dizziness are all common side effects but unlikely to be severe.
- Diarrhoea is unfortunately common, and blood in the stool or consistent diarrhoea is a cause for concern. You must consult your physician under those circumstances.
- Rash due to allergy or other reasons and itching is a possible side-effect.
- Loss of appetite resulting in weight loss.
- Fatigue and weakness is common
- Swelling at the site of the injection, if the medicine is injected, is possible
Common Dosage of Ciplox TZ Tablet:
Ciplox Tz Tablet is intended to be consumed once or twice, every day. However, your physician’s recommendation should be followed. It is commonly consumed after eating, and mild infections should see improvement within a day or two. However, the timeline of improvement may vary from patient to patient.
Ciplox TZ Price in India:
- Ciplox TZ (1 strip of 10 tablets): INR 106.54
Composition and Nature of Ciplox TZ Tablet:
It contains Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole as active ingredients.
- Ciprofloxacin (250 MG): The drug belongs to the category of antibiotic agents and is prescribed for the treatment of several bacterial infections. Joint and bone infections, diarrhea, respiratory tract infections, intra-abdominal infections, skin infections, fever, typhoid, and urinary tract infections are some of the bacterial infections.
- Tinidazole (300 MG): The drug belongs to the category of anti-bacterial and anti-protozoal agents. It helps in inhibiting protozoan and parasitic infections. Hence, it helps in the treatment of vaginal infections (trichomoniasis, vaginosis) and parasitic infections (amebiasis, giardiasis). The drug works by stopping parasite and bacterial growth.
How Ciplox Tz Tablet works?
Ciplox Tz Tablet is an antibacterial medicine that has Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole as the active ingredients. These work to reduce infections. They inhibit the Deoxyribonucleic Acid formation of bacteria to prevent bacterial reproduction.
Biologically, the synthesis of Deoxyribonucleic Acid needs the presence of enzymes of bacterial Deoxyribonucleic Acid gyrase and topoisomerase IV. The Tablet works by preventing the activity of DNA gyrase. This follows on to prevent DNA relaxation and hurting the DNA. The end product is that the bacteria cannot divide and reproduce, thus cannot increase its infection in the human body. Thus, they kill bacteria and reduce infection.
Precautions and Warnings- When to Avoid Ciplox TZ Tablet?
- Avoid consuming the Ciplox Tz Tablet if you are on your second or further trimester of pregnancy.
- keep away the medicine if you are getting severely agitated or anxious from the medicine.
- Do not consume antacids with magnesium and aluminum 2 hours before consuming the drug and 6 hours after consumption of Ciplox Tz Tablet.
- Do not consume if you are allergic to Pantoprazole or any other drug of the same group such as Benzimidazoles.
- Do not consume if consuming Tizanidine.
- Patients may develop sensitivity to sunlight.
- Patients with muscle weakness should stay away from consuming this medicine.
- Do not consume dairy products while consuming the drug.
- Upon consumption, the patient should avoid driving vehicles or any other heavy machinery.
- Consumption of this medicine may lead to the development of Clostridium difficile diarrhea, which can be severe.
- If you see severe side-effects then discontinue immediately and consult a doctor .
Substitutes of Ciplox TZ Tablet:
Medicines with the same ingredients and composition can be used as substitutes for Ciplox Tz Tablet. Some of the substitutes are listed below:
|Acrocip Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Acron Pharmaceuticals|
|Baycip Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd|
|Bactocin Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||GRAF Laboratories Pvt Ltd|
|Boxer Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Shrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt Ltd|
|Citizol 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd|
|Combistar 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd|
|Citibid 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Win-Medicare Pvt Ltd|
|Citi H 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||DWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Ciprolet A 500 mg/600 mg Tablet||Dr Reddy s Laboratories Ltd|
|Ciprowin Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Ceepro Tz 500Mg/600Mg Tablet||Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Cifran Ct Tablet||Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd|
|Citoz TZ 500 mg/600 mg Tablet||Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Citwin Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Makers Laboratories Ltd|
|Lucipro T Tabletp||Lupin Ltd|
|Cipzole Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd|
|Cipropen Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Morepen Laboratories Ltd|
|G Flox Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Shrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt Ltd|
|Encitin 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Agron Remedies Pvt Ltd|
|Mahacip Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet||Mankind Pharma Ltd|
Interactions with Ciplox TZ Tablet:
Ciplox Tz Tablet may interact badly with a number of drugs, including herbal supplements.
It may interact with medicines like acetaminophen, alcohol, Ascorbic acid, Atovaquone, caffeine, cetirizine, cholecalciferol, Ciprofloxacin
Do not use with class IA or III Anti-arrhythmic medicines
- Warfarin : If these two medicines must be used concurrently, then the dosage must be adjusted and prothrombin time must be monitored by professional healthcare experts. Symptoms like bleeding, swelling of limbs, or vomiting, or blood in urine must be reported to the physician immediately.
- Digoxin : This increases the risk of side-effects such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, and blurry vision. It may also increase the risk of abnormalities in the heartbeat. Consumption of Digoxin with Ciplox Tz is not recommended. If they must be used together then monitoring is required and physician should be warned immediately of side-effects.
- Liver Disease : If there is a history of liver disease, then the doctor will need to adjust the dose or change the medicine.
- Osteoporosis : Patients at risk of osteoporosis will need adjustments in both dosage and duration of treatment with Ciplox Tz. Elderly patients are, particularly at risk.
- Hypomagnesaemia : Magnesium level imbalance may cause problems. This includes any medicine affecting the magnesium level of the body. The doctor will need to adjust the quantity of medicine and carefully monitor the magnesium levels.
- Nelfinavir : This or any other anti-viral medication, including treatment for HIV and AIDS will react adversely with Ciplox Tz. The doctor will have to change the medicine or find some other treatment in this case.
- Ketoconazole : This and other antifungals in the broad-spectrum family should not be used along with Ciplox Tz. Different medicines should be prescribed.
- Methotrexate : Consumption of this and Ciplox Tz together is absolutely not allowed. One of the medicines must be substituted with a safe alternative.
How to Take Ciplox TZ Tablet?
- It should be administered orally with water.
- It should be swallowed as a whole with water.
- It should not be crushed or chewed.
- It can be taken with or without food. However, it is suggested to consume it along with food as it reduces the risk of any kind of gastric side effects.
- Plenty of fluids should be taken along with Ciplox TZ.
- Use of alcoholic beverage should be avoided with Ciplox TZ.
- It should be consumed at a regular interval to regulate a certain amount of drug in the body.
- It is prescribed on the basis of severity of the condition and type of infection. The dose should be prescribed by a health professional.
- The course of medication should be completed as per the prescription and should not be left in the middle of the course. Leaving the drugs in the middle of the course can effect in the following manner:
- Decrease the efficiency of the drug
- Enhance the risk of drug-resistant bacteria, hence, making the medicine inefficient for future use.
Storage Requirements for Ciplox TZ Tablets:
- It should be stored at a temperature below 40°C. However, it should not be stored in the refrigerator or freeze.
- The place of storage should not be exposed directly to sunlight and heat.
- Ciplox TZ should be away from the reach of children and pets.
- It should not be stored near the sink or bathroom.
- Ciplox TZ should not be disposed along with household waste to avoid contamination of the environment.
- The expiry date should be checked before consumption. If the date of consumption is exceeding the expiry date, then Ciplox TZ should not be consumed.
- Expired medicine should be disposed of properly. A pharmacist should be consulted regarding the disposal method.
- It should not be flushed in the drain unless asked to do so.
When Ciplox TZ Tablet is prescribed?
Ciplox TZ is used for the following medical conditions:
- Infectious diarrhea
- Diarrhea with stomach cramps and blood in stool (Dysentery)
- Dental infections
- Acute sinusitis
- Lung abscess
- Skin infections
- Soft tissue infections
- Intra-abdominal infections
- Parasitic infections such as giardiasis, amoebiasis
- Urinary tract infections
- Anaerobic infection
Medicines not to be taken with Ciplox TZ:
- Digoxin (Moderate)
- Nelfinavir (Major)
- Ketoconazole (Moderate)
- Warfarin (Moderate)
- Methotrexate (Major)
Suspension Form Ciplox TZ:
It is available in suspension form as well but with different name i.e. Cifomed TZ. The ingredients used are Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole which is the same as in the case of Ciplox TZ.
The suspension form works by blocking the formation of DNA to avoid any chance of bacterial reproduction. Also, Ciplox TZ reduces the infection by killing the bacteria responsible for it.
Ciplox TZ is prescribed for the following clinical conditions:
- Parasitic infections
- Chest infections
- Lungs infection
- Skin infections
- Blood infections
- Womb lining infections
- Stomach infections
- Gum infection
Here is a list of variations of Ciplox TZ:
- Ciplox 250 mg tablet
- Ciplox 500 mg tablet
- Ciplox 750 mg tablet
- Ciplox OZ tablet
- Ciplox TZH tablet
- Ciplox- D E/ E drops
- Ciplox eye 10 ml drops
Ans: As the active ingredient Tinidazole poses a risk of adverse side effects in pregnant women, it is recommended that women who are pregnant use a safer alternative.
Similarly, both active ingredients Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole are harmful while breastfeeding, and breastfeeding must either be discontinued or the physician must recommend a suitable alternative.
Ans: Nausea, dizziness, and headaches are all common side-effects of using Ciplox Tz; therefore it is advised to refrain from operating heavy machinery or driving vehicles.
Ans: There are few cases of allergic reactions in the case of Ciplox TZ. Here is a list of reported allergic reactions caused after consuming Ciplox TZ:
Loss of consciousness
Ans: Here is a list of organs that might get affected by the use of Ciplox TZ:
Central Nervous system
In case of any impairment or even a history of it, then a doctor should be informed in advance. Also, Ciplox TZ should be practiced with caution.
In case of any complications, then either dose of Ciplox TZ should be adjusted or it should be substituted with some alternative.
Ans: Usage of Ciplox TZ should be avoided in the following cases:
If an individual is allergic to Ciplox TZ
If an individual is allergic to antibiotics such as quinolone, Ofloxacin, Levofloxacin, etc., and also, medicine belonging to the category of ‘nitroimidazole’.
An individual with history of kidney disease or is presently on dialysis.
An individual with history or presently suffering from liver diseases
An individual with any trace of seizures
An individual suffering from abnormal weakness of muscles (myasthenia gravis)
An individual with blood disorders such as dyscrasias.
Ans: Here is a list of drugs that might interact with Ciplox TZ:
Antifungal such as Ketoconazole
Mineral or Vitamin supplements containing calcium, magnesium, and zinc.
Ans: It is a relative condition. Sometimes, Ciplox TZ starts showing its effect from day 1, and sometimes it takes more than that. It entirely depends on the severity of the condition Ciplox TZ is used for and other times, the dose is consumed.
Ans: The use of medicine should not be stopped abruptly. The course of Ciplox TZ should be finished as per the prescription.
Failing to do so might make the body resistant to the drug and later on the potential of the drug might reduce.
Ans: No, Ciplox TZ is not addictive in nature. However, self-medication should be avoided.
Ans: Here is a list of food items that pose the risk of food interaction:
Calcium-rich foods, Dairy products (milk, yogurt) – These food items can interfere with the absorption process of Ciplox TZ.
Ciplox TZ should not be taken at least 2 to 6 hours prior to consumption of aluminum/ magnesium antacids.
An individual practicing Ciplox TZ should drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and avoid the formation of urine which is highly concentrated in nature.
Consumption of alcohol should be avoided.
Ans: Ciplox TZ does not interfere with the driving ability of an individual. However, if an individual experiences drowsiness or dizziness after consumption of Ciplox TZ, then driving or operating heavy machinery should be strictly avoided.
Ans: Ciplox should be stored at a temperature below 40 °C. However, the medicine should not be stored in the refrigerator or freeze. The place of storage should be dry and not exposed to direct heat and light.