Cifran 500 Tablet is an antibiotic tablet that is used to treat bacterial infections such as gonorrhea, gastroenteritis, plague, syphilis, pneumonia, anthrax, etc. It is also used for the treatment of some specific types of throat, ears, sinus, bones, and nose ailments caused due to bacterial infections.
|Uses:||Urinary tract infection, Respiratory tract infection, Sexually transmitted infections, Typhoid fever, Anthrax, Plague, and Infectious diarrhea.|
|Side-effects:||Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Mouth sores, Fatigue, Heartburn, Swelling of the throat, tongue or face, Itchiness, Hives, and Loss of consciousness.|
|Precautions:||Breastfeeding and Pregnancy|
Uses and Benefits of Cifran 500:
Cifran 500MG tablet is used to treat or prevent symptoms associated with the following conditions:
- Urinary tract infection
- Bacterial Infections
- Inhalation Anthrax
- Respiratory tract infection
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Typhoid fever
- Infectious diarrhea
- Gonococcal infection
- Joint infection
- Pneumonia with cystic fibrosis
Read More: Cefoperazone Sulbactam Uses | Amla Powder Uses
Side Effects of Cifran 500:
The medicines tend to produce some side effects after interacting with some medicine, food, stomach acids, or diseases. The side effects may be serious or minor. Some of the side-effects of Cifran 500 are:
- Mouth Sores
- Loss of consciousness
- Difficulty Breathing
- Liver Dysfunction
- Muscle Aches
- Risk of tendonitis
- Irregular Heartbeats
- Ringing or bussing in the Ears
- Numbness of hands
- Face Swelling
- Chest Tightness
- Black Stool
Read More: Arjunarishta Side Effects | Biluma Side Effects
Common Dosages of Cifran 500:
The dosage of Beta Cifran 500MG Tablet cap 40mg TR Capsule is based on
- History of drug reaction/ allergy
- Severity of disease
- Reaction to the first dose
- A medical condition of the patient/ health history
Cifran 500MG Tablet should be taken at a fixed time and for the duration prescribed by the doctor. The tablet has to be swallowed whole, and should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. It is advised to continue the prescribed course of the medicine and not to stop it once the patient feels better.
If the patient has missed the dose of Cifran 500MG Tablet, it is advisable to take it as soon as it is remembered. But if it’s already time to take the next dose, it is recommended to skip the missed dose and take the next dose as per the scheduled dosage.
Recommended Dose of Cifran 500MG Tablet:
- Adults: 250-750-mg every 12 hours
- Children: 10-20mg/kg every 12 hours
In case the patient has overdosed on the medicine, it is advised to seek immediate medical attention.
Read More: Omez D Dosages | Sarpagandha Dosages
Composition and Nature of Cifran 500:
Cifran 500MG tablet consists of Ciprofloxacin which helps in inhibiting the growth of the bacteria causing the infection. This medicine will not work for viral infections such as cough and cold.
- Ciprofloxacin (500 mg).
- General Pneumonia and Pneumonia with cystic fibrosis
- Joint Infection
- Inhalation Anthrax
- Gonococcal Infection
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Read More: Shatavari Kalpa Composition | Sitopaladi Composition
How Cifran 500 works?
The composition of the medicine is such that it helps to obstruct the synthesis of bacterial DNA. The obstruction caused, stops the process of cell division to a greater extent. Speedily, it destroys the bacteria which cause infection and does not let the new bacteria grow.
Let us discuss this in more detail. Any of the DNA synthesis can ever happen if there is the presence of the enzymes of bacterial DNA topoisomerase and gyrase. The Cifran 500 tablet works towards damaging the activity of DNA gyrase. Once damaged, it prevents DNA relaxation. Slowly, this damages the whole of double-stranded DNA and the cell division process. This is how Cifran 500 fights against bacterial infections.
When is it prescribed?
- Cifran 500MG tablet is prescribed to treat the following conditions:
- Helicobacter pylori Infection: In combination with other drugs, Cifran 500 MG tablet is used for the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori infection.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: It is the condition in which acid from the stomach and bile cause irritation to the food pipe. Cifran 500 MG tablet effectively treats the condition and provide relief.
- Erosive Esophagitis: Cifran 500 MG tablet is very effective to treat severe ulcer caused by chronic acidity.
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: It is a condition when there is excessive acid secretion in the stomach due to tumors in the small intestine. Cifran 500mg tablet reduces the amount of acid in the stomach and thus provide relief.
- Other forms of Ulcers: Cifran 500mg tablet is very effective to treat ulcers in the small intestines (Duodenal) and stomach (Gastric)
Related Warnings/Precautions: When to avoid Cifran 500?
Patients who are using Cifran 500MG tablet should take care to note of the following precautions before and while administering this medicine:
- Patients should refrain from consuming alcohol while taking Cifran 500MG Tablet.
- If the patient is allergic to the ingredient of Cifran 500MG Tablet, then it is important to inform the doctor immediately.
- Cifran 500MG Tablet is not recommended for use by women who are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Driving after taking Cifran 500MG Tablet is not advised, as it could reduce alertness and cause fatigue and loss of consciousness. As an extension, the use of heavy machinery should also be avoided for the same reasons.
- People with kidney disease and liver ailments must exercise caution while administering Cifran 500MG Tablet. It is advisable to consult a doctor before administering the medicine for an appropriate alternative or dose adjustment.
- It is important to inform the doctor about the pre-existing medication as including herbal drugs, antibiotics, antacids, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), diuretics, etc.
Cifran 500 Substitutes:
There are various substitutes for Cifran 500MG available in the market. A few readily popular ones are:
- Ciprobid manufactured by the Zydus Cadila
- Alcipro manufactured by the Alkem Lab
- Baycip manufactured by the Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Neocip manufactured by the Cipla Ltd.
- Ciprozol manufactured by the Mankind Pharmaceuticals
Read More: Ashokarishta Substitutes | Himalaya Gokshura Substitutes
Cifran 500 Interactions with Other Drugs:
Interaction with Alcohol: It is not recommended to consume alcohol while administering Cifran 500MG Tablet as it may cause adverse effects.
Interaction with Medicines: Listed below medicines are not recommended to be taken with Cifran 500MG Tablet:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Anti-diabetic medicines
Interaction with Diseases: It is not advised for patients suffering from the following medical conditions to administer this medicine:
- Renal Impairment
- Central nervous system disorders
- QT Prolongations
Interaction with Food:
Listed below food items may affect the efficacy of the drug. It is advised to consume the medicine at least 2 hours after consuming any of the following food items or refrain from eating these items during the course of the medicine:
- Caffeine and Chocolate
- Tea leaves
- Cocoa beans
- Dairy products
Medicines that should not be taken with Cifran 500MG Tablet:
Following are the medicines that should not be taken with Cifran 500MG Tablet:
3. Ethinyl Estradiol
6. Anti-diabetic medicines
|Quantity of the medicine||Price (INR)|
|A Strip of 10 tablets||38.34|
Read More: Emeset 4 Price | Ahaglow Price
Following are the available medicine variants of Cifran 500MG tablet:
1. Cifran 100mg Tablet
2. Cifran 250 Tablet
3. Cifran OD 500mg Tablet
4. Cifran 750MG Tablet
How to Store Cifran Tablet?
Cifran 500MG Tablet is advised to be stored in a cool and dry place.
Cifran 500MG Tablet is not recommended to be frozen or stored in the refrigerator.
Cifran 500MG Tablet should be kept away from the reach of the children and pets.
Ans: The effect of the Cifran 500 remains active for about 24 hours of its consumption.
Ans: It starts to work instantly, but it reached its peak level after 2 to 2.5 hours.
Ans: Though it is generally considered safe for pregnant ladies, there is no solid ground. In the case of pregnant ladies, it is always better to consult a professional doctor and then take any medicines, whatsoever it may be.
Ans: There is no adverse effect observed on breastfeeding mothers. However, it is always better to ask a doctor and does not take any risk.
Ans: No, the nature of Cifran 500 is not addictive at all. Neither any user nor any government organization has reported its nature as addictive for sure.
Ans: As discussed, it is used for various types of bacterial infections. The common diseases for the treatment of which Cifran 500 is mostly used are Erosive Esophagitis, Helicobacter pylori infection, Gastroesophageal Reflux, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, and various other types of ulcers.
Ans: There are no established interactions of Cifran 500 with alcohol. But then also the doctor’s discretion and the prescription is considered to be final in all the cases.
Ans: Though Cifran 500 is rarely known to cause blurred vision, dizziness, hypotension, drowsiness, etc. But if you feel any of these symptoms, or if you feel uneasy after taking Cifran 500, it is better not to drive or work on heavy machinery. Wait for some time, and if the symptoms still exist, you need to consult your doctor.
Ans: The users of Cifran 500 have reported that generally, the doctors prescribe Cifran 500 to be taken with food or after the food. They do not advise it to be taken on an empty stomach.
Ans: Yes, Cifran 500 can be used for the treatment of stomach infections. Actually, Cifran 500 is also helped by the lactobacillus, which helps in the treatment of diarrhea and indigestion, which are the common side-effects of antibiotics.
Ans: Cifran 500 MG tablet is used to treat conditions such as
2. Infectious diarrhea
3. Bacterial Infections
6. Inhalation Anthrax
9. Gonococcal infection
10. Joint infection
11. Pneumonia with cystic fibrosis
13. Urinary tract infection
14. Respiratory tract infection
15. Sexually transmitted infections
16. Typhoid fever
Ans: Cifran 500 MG tablet is used for treating conditions such as Joint infection, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Prostatitis, Infectious diarrhea, Inhalation anthrax, etc.
Ans: An expired Cifran 500 MG tablet dose may not cause any serious harm to your body but the efficacy of the drug may be hampered. But feel free to consult your doctor to ensure safety. It is recommended to check the expiry date before consuming any medicine.
Ans: Cifran 500 MG Tablet is an antibiotic that is generally deemed safe to use if taken in the exact dosage and duration as prescribed by a medical practitioner.
Ans: No, Cifran 500 MG tablet provides relief from stomach inflammation. This medicine is an antibiotic and is meant for treating ailments caused due to bacterial infection.
Ans: If a dose of Cifran 500 MG tablet is missed, it should be administered as soon as possible. But if it is almost time for the next dosage then it is better to skip the missed dose and take the next scheduled dose on time.
Ans: Listed below are some of the side effects that may occur while administering Cifran 500 MG tablet:
1. Ringing or bussing in the Ears
2. Injection site Thrombophlebitis
3. Risk of tendonitis
7. Difficulty Breathing
8. Liver Dysfunction
9. Mouth Sores
10. Muscle Aches
11. Black Stool
17. Face Swelling
18. Chest Tightness
19. Irregular Heartbeats
20. Numbness of hands
21. Loss of consciousness
Ans: Patients are advised not to drink alcohol as it may induce excessive sleepiness or reduce the efficacy of the drug in some cases. Thus, it is suggested to refrain from consuming alcohol while administering Cifran 500 MG tablet.
Ans: It is not recommended to administer Quinidine along with Cifran 500 MG tablet. Quinidine makes Cifran 500 MG tablet let less effective by reducing the amount of the drug being absorbed by the body. The interaction between these two drugs must be strictly avoided.
Ans: Generally, Cifran 500 MG tablet may induce drowsiness and sleepiness in some cases, hence it is advisable to avoid driving while administering Cifran 500mg tablet.
Ans: Yes, Cifran 500 MG tablet is available as an over-the-counter drug. Please consult a doctor before administering the medicine for proper dosage, don’t self-medicate.
Ans: Following precautions should be taken while administering Cifran 500 MG tablet:
1. Cifran 500 MG tablet is not recommended for use by women who are pregnant or planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding women.
2. It is important to inform the doctor about the pre-existing medication as including herbal drugs, antibiotics, antacids, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), diuretics, etc.
3. If the patient is allergic to any ingredients of Cifran 500 MG tablet, then it is important to inform the doctor immediately.
4. Driving after taking Cifran 500MG tablet is not advised, as it may reduce alertness and cause loss of consciousness. As an extension, the use of heavy machinery should also be avoided for the same reasons.
5. Patients should refrain from consuming alcohol while taking Cifran 500 MG tablet.
6. People with kidney disease and liver ailments must exercise caution while administering Cifran 500 MG tablet. It is advisable to consult a doctor before administering the medicine for an appropriate alternative or dose adjustment if needed.
Ans: Cifran 500 MG tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy. It is suggested to consult the doctor before taking this medicine.
Ans: Following is the storage instructions for Cifran 500MG tablet:
1. Store the medicine in a cool and dry place.
2. Don’t freeze or refrigerate the medicine.
3. Keep it away from the reach of the children.
4. Keep it away from pets.
Ans: Cifran 500 MG tablet is not recommended to be taken with the following medicines as it may cause unwanted side effects:
1. Ethinyl Estradiol
6. Anti-diabetic medicines
Ans: No-habit forming tendencies have been reported yet after administering the medicines.
Ans: Yes. People administering Cifran 500 MG tablet should avoid consuming the following food items:
1. Tea leaves
2. Cocoa beans
3. Caffeine and Chocolate
4. Dairy products
Ans: Generally, Cifran 500 MG tablet is suggested to be taken post having a meal. It is advisable to consult a doctor before administering the tablet for the appropriate dosage instructions.
Ans: It is advised to consult a doctor for dosage suggestions as per the health history and condition of the patient, as stopping or starting the medicine suddenly can cause adverse side effects.
Ans: No. It cannot be used to treat Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Cifran 500 MG Tablet is an antibiotic medicine that is generally prescribed to treat bacterial infections, pneumonia, anthrax, etc.
Ans: The effect of Cifran 500MG tablet lasts for up to 24 hours post oral administration.
Ans: The medicine is instantly absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract and shows action within 2 to 2.5 hours of oral administration.
Ans: Yes, Cifran 500 MG can be used for the treatment of stomach infections caused by bacterial infections. It is an antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections effectively.