|Nature of Chymoral Forte Tablet||Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs|
|Composition||Trypsin and Chymotrypsin|
|Uses||Fever, Dental pain, gout, Spondylitis|
|Side effects||Nausea, Constipation, heartburn|
|Precautions||People suffering from kidney disease, heart disease, and the peptic ulcer should avoid the medicine|
Chymoral Forte Tablet is anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. The drug is used to treat a condition like swelling due to blood clots within the tissues, swelling and pain occurs after post-surgery, necrotic tissues, some chronic respiratory conditions, and muscles injuries accompanied by swelling. It facilitates intracapsular cataract extraction, thus minimizing trauma to the eye.
Uses and Benefits of Chymoral Forte:
Chymoral Forte is used for the treatment of below mentioned conditions:
- Edema : This condition is caused because of inflammation like swelling of the gums or swelling of the tooth. The drug can treat the swelling quickly.
- Hematomas: In this condition, blood clots and swelling forms within the tissues. The medicine helps to normalize the locally disturbed blood and helps in the normal flow.
- Post Hysterectomy healing : The Gynecologists prescribe it after uterus removal or after cesarean section for healing as it helps in the growth of tissues.
- Post-surgical trauma: The condition is triggered because of experiencing a scary event or traumatic surgery. The victim of this condition faces situations such as burns, collisions of vehicles, assault or industrial accidents.
- Treatment of necrotic tissue : The condition occurs due to external factors like infection or trauma resulting in the indigestion of cell components.
- Pelvic inflammatory ailments : The condition occurs due to the transmission of bacteria sexually from the vagina to ovaries, fallopian tubes or womb. The symptoms include fever, pelvic pain, and sometimes vaginal discharge.
- Chronic respiratory conditions : In this condition, airflow is blocked and the patient finds difficult to breathe.
- Treatment of Muscle and joint injuries related swelling: When ligaments are strained i.e. overstretched or sprained. It causes swellings, pain and leads to an inability to move the joint.
- Treatment of Sciatica: In the condition, the pain starts in the spine and follows to the back of the leg. It typically affects one side of the body.
- Reduces Swelling of Eyes: Chymoral Forte tablet can be used while cataract surgery to reduce damage and swelling of eyes.
- Helps Treating Piles: The active ingredient trypsin and chymotrypsin of the tablets helps in healing hemorrhoids. It helps in improving the condition of the patient dramatically when applied after mixing it with any relevant ointment.
- Relieves a Sore Throat: The anti-inflammatory qualities of the medicine helps in treating sore throat. It is an ideal drug to reduce the pain and swelling in the body.
- Asthma: Chymoral Forte effectively helps to alleviate symptoms of asthma.
Read More: Dabur Shilajit Gold Uses | Nucoxia Mr Uses
Side Effects of Chymoral Forte:
The below mentioned side effects may commonly occur in a patient while on a course of Chymoral forte. However, these are only indicative and not all patients will experience these.
- Stomach related issues like diarrhoea , stomach ache, indigestion and more.
- Corneal swelling.
- Hypersensitivity reactions.
- Inflammation of the eyes.
- Increase in eye pressure.
- Abdominal pain .
Continued use of Chymoral Forte may cause other reactions not mentioned above as well. It is advisable to immediately get in touch with the doctor to report any side effects experienced.
Read More: Shelcal Side Effects | Azithral 500 Side Effects
Common Dosage of Chymoral Forte:
The Dose of Chymoral Forte will depend on the severity of the patient’s condition. In extreme cases, the doctor may prescribe two tablets to be consumed thrice a day. This may gradually be brought down to one tablet, consumed four times a day. It is usually taken for 10 days until swelling completely disappears.
- Chymoral Forte Tablets work best on an empty stomach, usually a couple of hours before meals.
- Chymoral Forte is the most effective when started immediately or as soon as possible after spotting the symptoms of edema.
In case of a missed dose of Chymoral Forte , the medicine should be consumed as soon as one remembers. However, it is overlapping with the time of next dose then the normal schedule should be followed instead of compensating for the missed dose.
Overdose of Chymoral Forte:
The Chymoral Forte should not be taken more than the prescribed dose. An overdose of the medicine will not help improve the symptoms; in fact it may cause some serious side effects.
In case of overdose, a health professional must be consulted without any delay.
Read More: Relent Syrup Dosage | Vicks Action 500 Dosage
Chymoral Forte Composition and Nature:
The quantity of active ingredients (the combination of two proteolytic enzymes) in each enteric coated Chymoral Forte Tablet contains Trypsin and Chymoripsin in a ratio of 6:1 (100000) IU.
- Trypsin: The ingredient belongs to the category of serine protease i.e. an enzyme responsible for breaking the peptide bonds present in proteins. The serine in the enzyme acts as the nucleophilic amino acid at the eukaryotes and prokaryote. The chemical is synthesized in the small intestine. Tryspin is activated when trypsinogen is produced by the pancreas.
- Chymoripsin: It is digestive enzyme belongs to the category of anti-inflammatory enzymes. The chemical is produced by the pancreas and trypsin converts it into active form. The pancreatic juice helps in the processing of the polypeptides and proteins.
Read More: Redotil 100 Composition | Mulethi Composition
Chymoral Forte Price in India:
- Chymoral Forte (1 strip of 20 tablets) : INR 351.5
- Chymoral Forte DS (1 strip of 10 tablets) : INR 295.6
Mechanism of Action:
- In the treatment of eye disorders, Chymoral Forte works by encouraging the extraction of intracapsular cataract, thus effectively lessening trauma to the eye.
- For respiratory conditions, Chymoral Forte works by reducing the viscosity of mucus, thus easing its elimination.
Precautions- When to Avoid it?
- Chymoral Forte should only be taken after getting a prescription from a medical practitioner.
- Before beginning the course of Chymoral Forte, it is very important to ensure the patient is not allergic to any of the active ingredients in the drug.
- It is vital for the patient to inform the doctor about the list of medications being taken which includes over the counter vitamins and herbal supplements in addition to other prescribed medications.
- The patient should also report any allergies, chronic health conditions, pre-existing illnesses or any upcoming health procedures like surgery or pregnancy he/she may have.
- Chymoral Forte should only be taken as per the doctor’s prescription. Never exceed the recommended dosage of this medication. In the event of an accidental overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
- It is extremely important for you to inform the doctor if you suffer from a known history of blood clot issues, kidney ailments, stomach ailments or liver ailments before you start this medication as some of these health conditions may result in side effects.
- It is not recommended for a pregnant woman to take Chymoral Forte unless it is absolutely necessary and wherein there is no other substitute and the benefit to the mother outweigh the possible risks to the baby. Always consult your gynecologist to make a calculative decision.
- While there is no evidence of the drug passing into breast milk, this drug should be avoided by mothers who are breastfeeding. In unavoidable cases, it is recommended to wait for at least 48 hours after taking the last dose of Chymoral Forte before breastfeeding again.
- While Chymoral Forte has no impact on a person’s ability to drive a vehicle or operate any machinery, but in cases where the patient does experience any drowsiness or dizziness, it is best to avoid driving and working with machines until the effects subside.
Chymoral Forte Related Warnings:
- It is extremely important for you to inform the doctor if you suffer from known history of blood clot issues, kidney ailments, stomach ailments or liver ailments before you start this medication as some of these health conditions may result in side effects.
- It is not recommended for a pregnant woman to take chymoral Forte unless it is absolutely necessary and wherein there is no other substitute and the benefit to the mother outweigh the possible risks to the baby. Always consult your gynaecologist to make a calculative decision.
- While there is no evidence of the drug passing into breast milk, Chymoral Forte should be avoided by mothers who are breastfeeding. In unavoidable cases, it is recommended to wait for at least 48 hours after taking the last dose of Chymoral Forte before breastfeeding again.
- While Chymoral Forte has no impact on a person’s ability to drive a vehicle or operate any machinery, but in cases where the patient does experience any drowsiness or dizziness , it is best to avoid driving and working with machines until the effects subside.
How to use Chymoral Forte?
Follow the directions as directed by the doctor. It’s better to take Chymoral Forte at a fixed time. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. This medicine may be taken with or without food.
- The dosage should be strictly followed as per the prescription is given by a health professional. As the dosage prescribed is on the basis of clinical condition, age and response to the therapy.
- Chymoral forte should be consumed as soon as symptoms of swelling and pain are observed in patients.
- Chymoral forte is more effective when consumed orally and should be swallowed as a whole with water. The tablet should not be crushed or chewed before consuming it.
- Chymoral forte can be consumed with or without food or as per the instruction is given by the health professional. However, Chymoral forte is found to be more effective when consumed one hour prior to the meal.
- Chymoral forte should be taken at a fixed interval of time on a regular basis to maintain a certain amount of drug in the body.
- If tablet is being consumed as an over the counter product, then instructions written on the package should be read properly.
Substitutes Of Chymoral Forte:
In cases where a patient is unable to get Chymoral Forte from a registered pharmacy for any reason, the below-mentioned list of drugs can be used as a substitute since they have the same strength, composition and form as Chymoral Forte:
- Chymotech by Alpic Biotech Ltd.
- Chymutrip by Bombay Tablet Mfg Co Pvt Ltd.
- Chymtral forte by Wockhardt Ltd.
- Chymokem forte by Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
- Chymocip by Cipla Ltd.
- Flotrip Forte by Mankind Pharma Ltd.
- K Trip Frote by FDC Ltd.
- Tripcy by Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd.
- Sistal Forte by BestoChem Formulations India Ltd.
- Chymopil Forte by Psychotropics India Ltd.
- Chymodin Forte by Divine Lifecare Pvt Ltd.
- Chymolek by J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Chymoral Forte Interactions:
Taking Chymoral Forte in combination with any of the below drugs should be strictly avoided or in unpreventable scenarios, it should be used with extra precaution and under the supervision of your doctor so as to manage any possible drug interactions:
Chymoral Forte Interaction with medicine:
If the following medicine is already being taken, the doctor should be pre-informed:
- Any medicine showing acidic or basic effects as it reduces the efficiency of the active ingredient of the Chymoral Forte.
Chymoral Forte Interaction with alcohol:
- Consumption of alcohol in any form should be avoided as it may increase the susceptibility to the side effect caused because of Chymoral Forte.
Chymoral Forte Interaction with food:
- There is no information available.
Chymoral Forte Interaction with disease:
- Liver disorder
- Kidney disorder
Medicines not to be taken with Chymoral Forte:
When taken with certain drugs, it can either worsen the condition or neutralize the effect of either of the medicines. Hence, the tablet should be practiced with caution and details of the ongoing drug should be shared with a doctor in advance.
- Sleeping pills
- Anti-anxiety drugs
- Drugs used for fits
- Medicine containing alcohol (e.g. cough syrup)
- Allergy drugs
- Muscle relaxants
- Narcotic pain medicine
Chymoral Forte Variants:
The Chymoral Forte is available in two variations:
- Chymoral Forte (5 mg)
- Chymoral Forte DS (5 mg)
Both the variation is present in the tablet form.
Storage Requirements for Chymoral Forte:
- The Chymoral Forte should be stored at a temperature below 25°C. Though, the medicine should not be kept in freezer or refrigerator.
- The place of storage should be cool and dry. Also, it should be away from direct heat and sunlight.
- The place should be reachable by children or pets.
- The Chymoral Forte should not be stored in the bathroom or near a sink.
- The Chymoral Forte Tablet should not be used the date of consumption is exceeding the expiry date which is usually mentioned on the label.
- The Chymoral Forte should not be disposed of with household waste or with wastewater, as it may contaminate the environment.
- If the Chymoral Forte Tablet has expired, then it should be disposed of properly. A pharmacist should be consulted regarding the disposal method of medicine.
When Chymoral Forte is prescribed?
Chymoral Forte is a non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug. Doctors prescribe this medicine to relieve pain and swelling associated with post-operative wounds and inflammatory diseases. The medicine is used in the treatment of cataract surgery, necrotic tissues, hand fractures and burns and other such medical conditions to reduce swelling.
- Swelling due to trauma and inflammation (Oedema)
- Cataract surgery
- Surgical trauma
- Bronchitis (helps thinning mucus and its removal)
- Joint injury or muscle injury leading to swelling
- After cesarean delivery
- After tooth extraction or periapical infection
- Sore throat
- Reduce swelling of eyes
How does Chymoral Forte work?
The main ingredients i.e. Trypsin and Chymotrypsin present in the medicine are active enzymes. These enzymes exhibit anti-edematous, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant property and fibrinolytic properties which speed up the chemical reactions occurring in the body. Also, they aid in removing the sign of inflammations and relief from these symptoms.
In different cases, the mechanism is the same. The medical aid in removing the inflammation-causing agent such as:
- In the treatment of eye disorders, Chymoral forte works by encouraging the extraction of intracapsular cataract, thus effectively lessening trauma to the eye.
- For respiratory conditions, Chymoral forte works by reducing the viscosity of mucus, thus easing its elimination.
Chymoral Forte Variants:
The various variants of Chymoral Forte are:
- Chymoral Forte Tablets
- Chymoral Forte DS Tablets
FAQs- Common Question Answered:
Ans: Chymoral Forte is a non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug that is used to relieve pain and swelling associated with post-operative wounds and inflammatory diseases; especially in the treatment of cataract surgery, hand fractures and burns and other such medical conditions to reduce swelling.
Ans: Chymoral Forte contains trypsin Chymotrypsin as an active ingredient that works by facilitating an intracapsular cataract extraction and reducing trauma to the painful site.
Ans: While there is no clinical evidence to show the mixing of the drug into breast milk, Chymoral Forte Tablet should be avoided by mothers who are breastfeeding. In unavoidable circumstances, it is recommended to wait for at least 48 hours after taking the last dose of Chymoral Forte before breastfeeding again.
Ans: Unless you are allergic Trypsin and Chymoripsin or suffering from any bleeding disorder, or liver and kidney disease, Chymoral Forte is safe to use. However, avoid its use in case of pregnancy and lactation and always consult a doctor before taking Chymoral Forte.
Ans: Chymoral Forte is neither a narcotic substance nor a steroid; it is a pain reliever and anti-inflammatory drug that works by minimizing the trauma to the painful site.
Ans: As Chymoral Forte is an anti-inflammatory drug that relieves muscles and joints pain, it can be used in painful arthritis conditions. However, consult a doctor before taking this medicine.
Ans: Even though there is no solid evidence of the possible adverse effects on the foetus, this drug is not recommended to be consumed in pregnancy.
Ans: No, it is not an antibiotic. The enzymes Trypsin and Chymotrypsin are anti-inflammatory.
Ans: Yes, Chymoral Forte is a painkiller.
Ans: It should ideally be consumed a couple of hours before having food to increase its efficacy.
Ans: No, this medicine is not a vegetarian.
Ans: The Chymoral Forte should be stored at room temperature away from the reach of children and pets. Chymoral Forte should not be frozen.
Ans: Chymoral Forte starts showing effect within a week of consumption.
Ans: No, the Chymoral Forte is not effective in nature, though it is advised to avoid self-medication and dependence on the medicine.
Ans: Chymoral Forte should be avoided by pregnant women or one who is planning to get pregnant.A health professional should be informed in advance if there is any such case and asked for case-specific recommendations.
Ans: Chymoral Forte should be avoided in the following conditions:
If the history of allergy to Chymoral or any of its ingredients.
It should be avoided by pregnant women or women who are planning to get pregnant.
The medicine should not be consumed by breastfeeding mothers.
Chymoral forte should not be consumed along with alcohol.
An individual with a history of liver disease should avoid the use of Chymoral forte.
In the case of kidney impairment, use of medicine should be restricted.
An individual with a bleeding disorder should not consume Chymoral Forte.
Ans: If an individual experienced the following conditions:
Blood pressure reduction
Then, driving the vehicle or operating heavy machinery should be strictly avoided.
If a single dose of chymoral Forte Tablet is taken, the probability of any major adverse effect is less. However, the intended effect won’t be achieved.
In case expired medicine is consumed for a prolonged period, then a physician should be informed.
It is advised to take the medicine after checking the expiry date to avoid any complications.
Ans: There are some cases of allergic reactions after consuming Chymoral Forte:
Loss of consciousness
Swelling of lips, throat, tongue or face
If any of the above-mentioned symptoms are experienced, then a health professional should be consulted without any delay.
Ans: The Chymoral Forte Tablet should be stored at a temperature below 25°C; however it should not be
Ans: To get the best results, a certain amount of Chymoral Forte Tablet should be present in the body at all the time during the course. Hence, missing a dose might affect the potency of the medicine. The tablet should be consumed as soon as one remembers the missed dose. However, if it’s already time for the next dose, then the double dose should not be taken to compensate for the missed one. It’s is advised to put a reminder so that any dose is not missed or overdosed in confusion.