Charak Hospital in Lucknow
Charak Hospital in Lucknow is one of the best multi-specialty hospitals in the city. The hospital has witnessed rapid growth since its inception and has become a pioneer in providing the best healthcare services to the patients. Charak hospital offers comprehensive healthcare services that match international quality standards. The experienced staff and highly trained professionals at the hospital offer optimal services to the patients. The hospital has earned name and recognition after providing top-notch medical services to the patients. Charak Hospital is a 300 bedded multi-specialty hospital located in the very heart of the town. It offers comprehensive world-class healthcare services which are offered by the most experienced doctors and nursing staff.
The vision of the founders of Charak hospital is “To be nationally respected for excellence in patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care of the patients”. The mission of the hospital is “To improve the health and healing of the people and communities we serve at an affordable price”.
Appointment Process in Charak Hospital:
The appointment process of the Charak hospital is pretty simple and hassle-free. To book an appointment at the hospital, a person can visit the website of the hospital or place a call at their contact number which is 0522 225 4444. Various online healthcare platforms can also be used to book an appointment with the doctor. One such platform is ‘Docprime’. –
The doctor assesses the health of the patient and decides if the patient has to be admitted to the hospital.
- During admission of the patient, the patient is required to fill in some forms and deposit a certain amount of fee.
- Depending upon the choice of the patient and availability of hospital rooms, rooms are allotted.
Charak Hospital Doctors List:
Following are the specialty institutes and doctors in the Charak hospital –
Gynecologist Obstetricians in Charak Hospital, Lucknow (IVF)
The Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics & Assisted Reproduction (IVF) at the Charak Hospital deals with the issues pertaining to women reproductive health, pregnancy, and infertility. The hospital provides the best medical care to a pregnant woman and her unborn child. The well-trained doctors at the hospital help in the detection and management of diseases specific only to women. Some of the obstetricians and gynecologists practicing at Charak Hospital are –
- Dr. Rati Adhaulia – Dr. Adhaulia is an MBBS and MS qualified gynecologist practicing in Charak Hospital, Lucknow. She has an experience of more than 8 years and has been very successful in dealing with high-risk pregnancies.
- Dr. Neha Mani Gupta– Dr. Neha Maini Gupta has an experience of 14 years in the field of Gynaecology and Obstetrics. She has completed her MBBS from Kasturba Medical College in the year 2005, and DNB from National Board of examinations in the year 2010.
Dr. Neha Maini Gupta is an honorable member of the Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI) and Lucknow Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society.
Orthopedic Surgeons in Charak Hospital, Lucknow:
The Department of Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Replacement in Charak Hospital is well established and has some of the finest doctors practicing at the hospital. In order to provide optimal treatment to the patients, computer-assisted navigation joints replacement technique is often used. Some of the orthopedic doctors practicing at Charak Hospital are –
- Dr. Vijay Kumar– Dr. Vijay Kumar has an experience of 24 years in the field of Orthopedics. He has completed his MBBS from Maharani Laxmi Bai Medical College Jhansi in the year 1991, and MS – Orthopaedics from Sarojini Naidu Medical College, Agra in the year 1995. Dr. Vijay Kumar is an active member of the Indian Orthopaedic Association.
- Dr. Ashish Gupta– Dr. Gupta is an MBBS and MS qualified doctor. He currently practices as a senior Joint replacement and spine surgeon at Charak Hospital, Lucknow. He specializes in carrying out a minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgeries.
- Dr. Kumar Sanjay: Dr. Kumar Sanjay has an experience of 18 years in the field of ophthalmology. He is specialized in conducting eye surgeries. He has completed his MBBS in the year 2001, and MD in the year 2006 from the King George’s Medical College, Lucknow.
Rheumatology in Charak Hospital, Lucknow
- Dr. Durgesh Srivastava: Dr. Durgesh Srivastava has an experience of 15 years in the field of rheumatology. He has completed his MBBS from Tirunelveli Medical College in the year 2004 and MD from G.S.V.M Medical College, Kanpur in the year 2009. He has also done his DM in from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow the year 2017. Dr. Durgesh Srivastava is an esteemed member of the Indian Rheumatology Association.
Dermatologist in Charak Hospital:
Dermatologists refer to medical practitioners dealing with the infections of the skin. Charak hospital has well-formed dermatology department with highly qualified and skilled doctors working in the hospital. Some of the best dermatologists practicing at the hospital are –
- Dr. Ratan Kumar Singh– Dr. Ratan Kumar Singh has an experience of more than 37 years in the field of dermatology and cosmetology. He completed his MBBS from King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University in the year 1980, and MD – Dermatology from Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (IMS-BHU) in the year 1982.
Dr. Ratan Kumar Singh is an honorable member of the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Cardiologist in Charak Hospital:
The department of cardiology and cardiothoracic vascular surgery in Charak hospital is well-equipped and has the best team of doctors. At the department, patients suffering from different types of cardiac diseases can be easily treated. Mentioned below are the doctors practicing at the department of cardiology and cardiothoracic vascular surgery, Charak hospital.
- Dr. Manish Jha- Dr. Jha is an MBBS, MD and DM qualified senior interventional cardiologist currently practicing at Charak Hospital.
Advanced Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT Specialists in Charak Hospital):
The Advanced Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Surgery Department is one of the most well-established departments in the hospital. The hospital is equipped with state of the art technologies which enable the doctors to perform micro ear and micro laryngeal surgeries of different types of diseases such as, stapedectomy, tympanoplasty, mastoidectomy, etc. Some of the doctors practicing at Charak hospital are –
- Dr. Samvartika Somvanshi: Dr. Samvartika Somvanshi has an experience of 8 years in the field of ENT/ Otorhinolaryngology. She has completed her MBBS from Subharti Medical College, Meerut in the year 2003, and Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology (DLO) from Sarojini Naidu Medical College, Agra in the year 2009. She has also done MS – ENT from Sarojini Naidu Medical College, Agra in the year 2009. She specializes in conducting procedures such as Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery, Laryngoscopy, Microsurgery of the Larynx, Thyroplasty, and Rhinoplasty. Dr. Samvartika Somavanshi is an active member of the Uttar Pradesh Medical Council, Delhi Medical Council, and Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- Dr. Zeeshan Ahmad (ENT)– Dr. Ahmad is an MBBS, MS (ENT), DNB (Otorhinolaryngology) qualified Senior Endoscopic & Microscopic ENT & Head Neck Surgeon currently practicing at Charak Hospital, Lucknow.
- Dr. Shahab Ali Usmani- Dr. Usmani is an MBBS, MS, DNB, and MRCS qualified endoscopic & Microscopic ENT Surgeon. Dr. Usmani has more than 5 years of experience in the field of ENT.
Other specialties and doctors
Critical Care & Anesthesia
- Dr. Dilip Dubey
- Dr. Sameer Mishra
- Dr. Vikas Singh
- Dr. Santosh Kumar
- Dr. Anjana Purnima
Pediatrician, Neonatologist & Paediatric Surgeon
- Dr. Himanshu Kumar
- Dr. Saurabh Kumar Singh
- Dr. Piyush Kumar
Nephrologist and Dialysis Services
- Dr. Anand Chellappan
Advanced URO surgeon in Charak Hospital
- Dr. S.P. Singh
Neurologist in Charak Hospital, Lucknow
- Dr. Apoorva Kumar: Dr. Apoorva Kumar has an experience of 27 years in the field of Neurology. He has completed his MBBS from Motilal Nehru Medical College in the year 2002, and MS in the year 2007 from L.P.S Institute of Cardiology, G.S.V.M Medical College, Kanpur. He has also done MCh from the Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University in the year 2011. Dr. Apoorva Kumar is an active member the Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Osteosynthesefragen (AO Spine) Switzerland, Association Of Surgeons Of India (ASI), Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association India (NSSA), Association Of Surgeons Of India (ASI), Neurological Surgeon Society Of IndiaArbeitsgemeinschaft für Osteosynthesefragen (AO Spine) Switzerland, Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association India (NSSA), Neurological Surgeon Society Of India and Neurotrauma Society Of India.
- Dr. S P Singh: Dr. S P Singh has an experience of 16 years in the field of Urology. He has completed his MBBS from Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Government Medical College Kolhapur in the year 2002, and MS – General Surgery from L.P.S Institute of Cardiology, G.S.V.M Medical College, Kanpur in the year 2006. He has also done MCh – Urology from L.P.S Institute of Cardiology, G.S.V.M Medical College, Kanpur in the year 2013. Dr. SP Singh is an active member of the Urological Society of India (USI).
- Dr. Abhinav Pandey: Dr. Abhinav Pandey has an experience of 13 years in the field of Neurology. He has completed his MBBS in the year 2006 and DPM (Psychiatry) in the year 2008 from Kasturba Medical College. He has also done DNB – Psychiatry from Kasturba Medical College in the year 2014. Dr. Abhinav Pandey is an esteemed member of the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Dr. Nisar Ahmad Ansari: Dr. Nisar Ahmad Ansari has an experience of 21 years in the field of General Surgery. He has completed his MBBS in the year 1998, and MS – General Surgery in the year 2002 from King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University. He is specialized in performing procedures such as Trauma Surgery. Laryngoscopy, Laparoscopic Surgery, Endosurgery, Laparoscopic, Hernial Repair, Laparoscopic Appendicectomy, Abdominoplasty, and Anorectal Surgery. Dr. Nisar Ahmad Ansari is an honorable member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA), Medical Council of India (MCI), Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Endoscopic Surgeons of India (SELSI) and Uttar Pradesh Medical Council.
Advanced Neuro-medicine Department in Charak Hospital
- Dr. Anupam Jayaswal
- Dr. Amit Kumar Sinha
Gastroenterologist in Charak Hospital
- Dr. Ankur Singh
A General, Gastro, advanced Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgaon
- Dr. Rahul Singh
- Dr. Kanishk
Department of Internal Medicine
- Dr. Hemali Jha: Dr. Hemali Jha has an experience of 18 years. She has completed her MBBS in the year 2001 from Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College and Hospital, Navi Mumbai, and DNB – General Medicine from the University of Delhi in the year 2008. Dr. Hemali Jha is an active member of the Medical Council of India (MCI), Association of Physicians of India (API), Uttar Pradesh Medical Council, and Cardiological Society of India (CSI).
- Dr. Arun Sachdeva
- Dr. Deepika Singh
Pulmonologist in Charak Hospital, Lucknow
- Dr. Vinay Kumar Mishra: Dr. Vinay Kumar Mishra has an experience of 38 years in the field of Pulmonology. He has completed his MBBS in the year 1978 and Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases (DTCD) –in the year 1982 from King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University. Dr. Vinay Kumar Mishra is an active member of the Medical Council of India (MCI), Indian Chest Society, European Chest Society, and Uttar Pradesh Medical Council.
Department of Plastic and Re-Constructive Surgery
- Dr. Rajat Srivastava
- Dr. Neeraj Upadhyaya
Advanced Department of Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine
- Dr. Dilip Dubey
Department of Ophthalmology
- Dr. Ankur Yadav
- Dr. Kumar Sanjai
Department of Interventional Pain Management
- Dr. Manish Singh
Department of Peripheral Vascular Surgery
- Dr. Yashpal Singh
Department of Psychiatry & De-addiction
- Dr. Abhinav Pandey
Department of Clinical & Therapeutic Nutrition
- Dr. Induja Dixit
Department of Exercise & Electrotherapy
- Dr. Gyanendra Singh
Department of Oncosurgery & Oncology
- Dr. Vibhor Mahendru: Dr. Vibhor Mahendru has an experience of 12 years in the field of Oncology. He has pursued his MBBS from MKCG Medical College, Berhampur, Orissa in the year 2001 and MS – General Surgery from The West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS), Kolkata in the year 2007. He also completed his DNB – Surgical Oncology from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore in the year 2011.
- Dr. Neeraj Diwedi: Dr. Neeraj Diwedi has an experience of 36 years in the field of General Surgery. He has completed his MBBS in the year 1979, and MS – General Surgery in the year 1983 from King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University. Dr. Neeraj Diwedi is an active member of the Associations of Surgeons of India, Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO), Indian Society of Gastroenterology, UP Chapter, Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI), Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgery, Uttar Pradesh Medical Council, Medical Council of India (MCI)and Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology.
- Dr. Vivek Malhotra
Why should you choose Charak Hospital?
Charak hospital provides one of the best healthcare services in Lucknow and has a specialized team of doctors as well as nurses. The staff at the hospital caters to each and every need of the patients round the clock. The hospital has a well-built infrastructure with 300 beds at present. The doctors at the hospital are pioneers in their respective fields and have earned recognition because of their work and dedication. Therefore, if you are looking for a healthcare facility that provides optimal medical facilities at an affordable price, you must consider choosing Charak hospital.
Reviews for Charak Hospital Lucknow
Facilities in Charak Hospital Lucknow
Facilities in Patient’s Rooms
Charak Hospital understands that the patients enter the hospital rooms in the most vulnerable times of their lives. To help them in their hard times, the hospital offers comfortable rooms with a home-like ambiance. The rooms in the hospital have been designed in such a way that there is ample space for the patients and their dear ones to relax.
Depending on the category of room chosen, the patient may get the following facilities in the rooms:
- Couch for attendant
Hospital discharge process
Just like the admission process, the discharge process is hassle-free. The doctor decides if the patient has recovered and can be sent back home. If yes, all the dues are to be cleared and any refund if applicable can be collected. The staff at the hospital guides the patients and the attendees at every step of the discharge process.
- The patients are advised to visit the patients only during the scheduled visiting hours.
- Not more than one attendee can be with the patient.
- Children below the age of 12 years must not be brought to visit the patient.
- Visitors are advised to strictly keep a check on their hygiene.
- Visitors should not speak loudly in the hospital’s premises making it uneasy for the other patients.
- It is always advisable to keep the phones on silent mode during a hospital visit.
- Bringing flowers, food, and beverages or any other items from the outside is strictly prohibited in the hospital premises.
- Amenities of the hospital
Following are the amenities and facilities offered by the hospital –
- The hospital infrastructure includes 300 beds at present.
- The hospital has an intensive care unit (ICU) with 20 beds. The ICU is equipped with modern instruments. Senior intensivists are present 24 X 7 for patients’ assistance.
- The hospital has a 12 bedded NICU
- There is a 10 bedded dialysis unit with the facility of CRRT and SLED machines
- There is a special dialysis facility for patients suffering from Hepatitis B & C.
- The hospital has 7 Modular Operation Theaters equipped with all the latest facilities.
- The hospital has an ultramodern IVF/Test tube baby unit.
- The hospital also has a facility of painless labor.
- The hospital is equipped with advanced microscopes, endoscopes, laparoscopes, etc. It also has in house facilities such as advanced CT Scan, X-rays, USG, Pathology unit, Microbiology & Biochemistry Labs, Audiometry Lab, ECHO, Endoscopies, ERCP, PFT, DLCO, Uroflowmetry, ABG Machines, Neuro-physiology lab, etc.
- The hospital has 24X7 Blood Bank with a facility of Component transfusions like Plasma, Platelets, and PRBCs, etc.
- All specialists and Super specialists are available 24 X 7 for patients’ assistance.
- As per the International norms, the hospital has an international CSSD unit.
- The hospital has a Mess & Cafeteria.
The hospital has the following certifications and accreditations –
- Under the process of attaining National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) accreditation
How to Reach the Charak Hospital, Lucknow
Following are the nearest railway stations to the hospital:
- Alamnagar Railway Station: 17 minutes away via road
- Lucknow Junction: 22 minutes away via road
- DaliGanj Junction: 22-30 minutes away via road
- Aishbagh Railway Station: 30 minutes away via road
- Alambagh West Cabin: 27 minutes away via road
- Manak Nagar Railway Station: 19 minutes away via road
- Mohibullapur Railway Station: 27 minutes away via road
Address and Contact Number
Charak Hospital, Hardoi Rd, near Safed Masjid, Dubagga, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226003
Phone Number: 0522 225 4444