Ceftas 200 mg tablet is an antibiotic medicine that helps in treating an extensive range of bacterial infections that include urinary tract infections, lung, throat, and other infections. All these infections are caused due to the bacteria present in the affected area. This medicine is not advisable to intake if you have a common cold, flu, and some other viral infections. The active ingredient present in this medicine is only capable of fighting against the bacterial species. One who is aged below 12 years is not recommended to intake this tablet.
Cefixime is the major active ingredient present in the Ceftas tablet. This particular medicine is a prescription drug that falls under the category of medication referred to as cephalosporins. This antibiotic medicine helps in curing respiratory-related infections in patients. This medicine can also be used to stop the infections that are usually caused after any surgery. Ceftas medicine is available in different forms such as a tablet, capsules, and chewable tablets. Usually, the physician prescribes this medicine to intake in regular intervals i.e., 12 hours or 24 hours.
Composition and Nature of Ceftas 200:
In this medicine, Cefixime acts as the active ingredient with the composition of 200 mg. Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited usually manufactures the Ceftas tablet. The strength of Ceftas tablet is available in 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg, and 400 mg.
Uses & Benefits of Ceftas 200:
Here are some of the benefits of Ceftas medicine as provided below:
- Helps in treating bacterial meningitis [It is an inflammation caused to the protective membranes of the brain and spinal cord.]
- Ability to treat Septicemia which is actually an infection caused in the blood due to Streptococcus pyogenes
- Aids in treating Pneumonia that is caused due to the infection caused to the lungs
- Treats the infections caused to the bones and joints usually referred to as osteomyelitis and arthritis
- Cures the skin-related infections such as cutaneous abscess, cellulitis, and other infections
- Treats the most common disease i.e., urinary tract infection
- Ability to cure gonococcal infection i.e., sexually transmitted infections
- Treats the commonly caused infections such as tonsillitis
- pharyngitis and gonorrhea
- It has the ability to cure the infections caused to rectum and urethra
- Reduces the ear and throat infections
- Lessens the serious bronchitis infections
Side Effects of Ceftas 200:
Check out some of the major and minor side effects of Ceftas 200 mg tablet as listed below:
- Increased stomach acids
- Taste alteration
- Difficulty while urinating
- Pain in the chest
- Pain in the abdomen
- Swollen face
- Liver enzymes might increase
- Pain in joints
- Liver failure
- Skin blisters
- Increase in the eosinophilia count
- Skin Rashes
- Swollen lips, tongue, and throat
- Itching sensation in the vagina
- Gas in stomach
Common Dosage of Ceftas 200:
The dosage of Ceftas 200 mg tablet depends on different conditions and factors. Some of them include the health condition of the patient, age, weight, liver condition, and the current list of medications used by the patient. By keeping all these things in mind, the doctor will prescribe the medication to treat their bacterial infection. The typical dosage of Ceftas tablet for adults is 400 mg per day i.e., it must be consumed every 12 hours. The dosage will vary based on the infection type and the severity of the infection.
In case, if you miss the dosage, try to intake it as soon as possible whenever you remember. If the time is closer to the subsequent dosage then, simply skip the missed dosage. If the dosage becomes over then, consult your doctor immediately. There is no antidote available for the Ceftas 200 tablet. In case, if you come across any of the side effects due to the overdosage of Ceftas tablet, it can be removed through gastric lavage [which means that it cleans the particulars of this medicine from the stomach.
How to Use Ceftas?
The patients need to intake this medicine based on the directions present on the label of this tablet. Otherwise, you can follow the prescription given by your doctor. One can intake this tablet before or after food. Usually, the dosage for this medicine will vary between adults and children. The daily dosage for adults is 400 mg i.e., 2 times a day. Children who are above 12 years can take 400 mg of this tablet. One should not stop using this medicine suddenly as it might lead to some adverse effects. Try to inform your doctor if there is no improvement in your health condition even after using this medicine for a long time. There are chances that you might get side effects if the dosage of this tablet is increased.
How does Ceftas 200 MG Tablet work?
The Ceftas 200 tablet works as an antibiotic by killing harmful bacteria. It stops the formation of the bacterial protective shield utilized for surviving themselves. This is the complete working procedure of Ceftas 200 mg tablet.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Ceftas?
Check out some of the related warnings and precautions are given to the patient before using Ceftas 200 mg tablet as listed below:
Patients who are suffering from the following diseases and health conditions should use this medicine with utmost caution.
- Poor functionality of the kidneys
- Using antimicrobial agents and other medications simultaneously
- Jeopardy of bacterial infections
- Abnormal Liver functionality
- Less nutritional state
- People who are suffering from various bacterial infections can use Ceftas 200 mg tablet as recommended by the doctor.
- Ensure that you take the tablet at a standard time on a daily basis
- Whenever you are traveling then, try to store this medicine at the right temperature
- One can use this tablet even when they are pregnant
- Try to use this medicine with caution at the time of breastfeeding
Substitutes for Ceftas 200:
Check out the list of the alternatives to Ceftas 200 MG Tablet listed below:
- Zofix 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Zini Tablet [Manufactured by Zenith Healthcare Limited]
- Zifi 200 Tablet [Manufactured by FDC Limited]
- Ximeceff 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Lupin Limited]
- Xecute 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Corona Remedies Pvt Limited]
- Xcef 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Maxamus International]
- Trusten O 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Zuventus Healthcare Limited]
- Trixon O 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Traxol O 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Taxim-O 200 Tablet [Manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Limited]
- Skifi 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited]
- Secef 200mg Capsule [Manufactured by Novartis India Limited]
- Safexim 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Limited]
- Pancef OF 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Aglowmed Drugs Pvt. Limited]
- Pancef O 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Aglowmed Drugs Pvt. Limited]
- Oritaxim O 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Omnicef O 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Odicef O 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Galpha Laboratories Limited]
- Milixim 200 Tablet [Manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Mahacef 200 Tablet [Manufactured by Mankind Pharma Limited]
- Lcef 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Dr. Arvind Lifescience Pvt Limited]
- Fixime 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Wockhardt Limited]
- Fixim 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Anthus Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Cifi 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Astron Healthcare]
- Cfx 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Skymax Life Science Pvt Limited]
- Cefspan 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Cefrax O 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Cefrax 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Cefolac 200 Tablet [Manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Cefocef O 200mg TabletCentaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Cefix 200 Tablet [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Cefimax 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Stanford Biotech Pvt Limited]
- Cefilab 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Ozone Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Ceficrat 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Syncom Formulations I Limited]
- Cefi 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Abbott]
- Cefaclass 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Mankind Pharma Limited]
- Cebay 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Leben Laboratories Pvt Limited]
- C Tax-O 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Zuventus Healthcare Limited]
- Biotax O CD 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries]
- Biotax O 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries]
- Asert 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Abbott]
- Aricef O 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Micro Labs Limited]
- Acufix 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Abixim 200mg Tablet [Manufactured by Abbott]
- AB Cef 200 mg Tablet [Manufactured by BestoChem Formulations India Limited]
Ceftas 200 MG Tablet Interactions with Other Drugs:
Check out some of the major and minor interactions of Ceftas 200 mg tablet with diseases, drugs, and food, alcohol, and lab tests.
Check out some of the drug or medicine interactions caused by this medicine:
- Cholera Vaccine
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Seizure disorders
There is no information available on whether there are any interactions with alcohol and food.
Check out some of the commonly asked questions regarding Ceftas 200 mg tablet that aids in treating a plethora of bacterial infections:
Ans: Yes, it is secure and safe to use Ceftas 200 mg tablet. Still, make sure that you consume this medicine in the prescribed amounts.
Ans: Some of the contradictions to this Ceftas medicine include the following:
Ans: There is no information on whether the tablet becomes an addiction or not.
Ans: Yes, it is absolutely safe and secure to consume this medicine at the time of driving. If you feel drowsy or sleepy, it is better to avoid any vehicle or operate some heavy machinery.
Ans: The impact of this tablet will long last for about 3 to 4 hours.
Ans: If you have any kind of allergic reactions to Cefixime then, try to avoid Ceftas 200 mg tablet. Inform your doctor regarding your allergy and try to change your medication.
Ans: It is not known whether the consumption of alcohol shows some impact on the patient.
Ans: If you are breastfeeding then, it is not recommended to use this medicine. However, consult your doctor before using this medication.
Ans: It is not advisable to use Ceftas tablet at the time of pregnancy. There could be some risks so it is better to discuss with your doctor.