C Tax-O 200 Mg Tablet is very effective in treating bacterial infections that occur in the lungs such as Bronchitis. It can also be prescribed to treat sexually transmitted diseases like Gonorrhea. You will need a prescription from your doctor to use such medication and it is only effective in treating infections caused by bacteria and not viruses.
The tablet is manufactured by Zuventus Healthcare Ltd and it is available in the form of capsules and tablets. The medication also comes in different strengths and you need to get the proper prescription in this regard from your doctor. It can also be used to treat various infections of the throat and ears.
Uses of C Tax-O 200 Mg Tablet:
There are many uses of this tablet and it may also be prescribed along with other drugs to treat various health problems. You need to use the tablet as per the suggestions of your doctor to get the best results.
● It is very useful in treating conditions like urinary tract infections that are caused due to bacteria. Many doctors also prescribe this to treat E coli infections.
● The lungs can suffer from inflammation due to various reasons and this can lead to various complications. In the process, the throat and the entire airway passage that goes to the lungs can also get affected. Using this medication can provide good relief from such problems.
● The tablet is also effective in the treatment of Bronchitis and it can provide quick relief from various symptoms associated with this condition.
● Many doctors also treat Gonorrhea and other related symptoms using this medication. This type of sexually transmitted disease occurs due to bacterial infection and the tablet can effectively stop the growth of bacteria in the affected region and provide complete relief from the symptoms.
Apart from the ones mentioned above, your doctor may also prescribe this to treat other health conditions depending on various factors.
Read More: Rantac Syrup Uses | Zevit Capsule Uses
Side Effects of C Tax-O 200:
The side effects of this tablet can be very mild to severe depending on various factors like the overall health condition of the person and the other medication used along with this tablet. If the side effects are mild, they will usually subside within a few days after you stop using the medication. There is no need to worry about this situation. However, when the side effects are very severe, you can consult your doctor to treat such problems.
● The tablet can cause some problems with the digestion process and this often leads to acidity problems. Many patients also complain about the excessive buildup of gas in the stomach and it leads to heartburn and other symptoms associated with gastric problems.
● It can also cause chest pain due to acidity problems and this will usually be a temporary side effect. If the problem does not subside after a few days, you can visit your doctor. Or else, there is no need to worry about this side effect.
● In rare cases, this can cause swelling of the facial region and even the eyelids and lips can get swollen due to the side effects of this medication. You should be careful about such problems and immediately seek medical treatment.
● In the same manner, when the pain in the abdominal region is severe and you are facing problems with diarrhea, you should not neglect the problem and get in touch with your doctor to get suitable treatment.
When the symptoms are severe, they indicate problems related to other health conditions and you need to approach your doctor for suitable treatment. They will check if the medication is having interaction with anything and either changes the tablet or alter the dosage to suit your health condition.
Read More: Librium 25 Side Effects | Revital H Side Effects
Common Dosage of C Tax-O 200 Mg Tablet:
It is always a good idea to consult your doctor with regard to the right dosage for this medication. They will analyze your condition carefully and prescribe a suitable dosage. Remember that the dosage may vary depending on the age and overall health condition of the patient. If the person is suffering from other health problems, the tablet may be prescribed in combination with other drugs to provide complete relief from the problem. In any case, it is important to follow the dosage instructions carefully as any sort of overdose can do more harm than good for your body. If you happen to miss any dose, do not try to compensate for that as this may result in overdose and cause complications in the future.
Read More: Livogen Z Dosages | Amikacin Dosages
Composition and Nature of C Tax-O 200 Mg Tablet:
The tablet contains Cefixime as the active ingredient and it works effectively as an antibiotic medication. It is widely used to treat various bacterial infections and you need a prescription to use the medication. The tablet is generally available in the 0-200 Mg composition when it contains only Cefixime. On the other hand, there is another version of C Tax OF 200-200 Mg that contains both Cefixime as well as Ofloxacin in the 200 Mg composition.
Read More: Zandu Vigorex Composition | Arg 9 Granules Composition
How to use C Tax-O 200 Mg Tablet?
The tablet has to be consumed orally along with plain water. It is always a good idea to avoid consuming the tablet along with other beverages as this will impact the ability of your body to absorb the medication. You should also try to stick to the proper routine and consume the tablet in the prescribed dosage to get the best results. Avoid consuming alcohol while using this medication as this affects the body and you may experience undesired results. It can also exaggerate the side effects in many cases and lead to various complications in the long run.
How does C Tax-O 200 Mg Tablet?
The tablet not only controls the growth of harmful bacteria but also kills them thereby providing complete relief from the infection. In this regard, it can be used as a general antibiotic whenever you are suffering from bacterial infections.
Warnings/ Precautions: When to avoid it?
You need to be aware of the fact that the medication gets excreted in the urine and you need to consult your doctor about using this medication if you are pregnant or planning to have a pregnancy in the near future. In general, it is recommended to avoid this medication unless the potential rewards outweigh the risks associated with this medication.
The same guidelines apply to women who breastfeed and they should be very careful about using the medication as this can get into the breast milk and affect the health of the baby in some cases. However, only a small quantity of this medication gets into the breast milk and you can use this if your doctor has prescribed the medication after analyzing your health condition.
You should also avoid consuming the medication if you are allergic to the components of the tablet. Always inquire about this and get proper suggestions from your doctor. Make sure to inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking to treat other health problems. In this way, your doctor can identify potential interactions and prescribe suitable alternatives to avoid side effects.
It is also important to store the medication properly in a cool and dry place that is away from direct sunlight. This will preserve the effectiveness of the tablet for a long time. Also, keep this out of reach of children as this is generally not recommended for children below a certain age.
Substitutes for C Tax-O 200:
There are many substitutes for this medication and you can choose any one of them after consulting your doctor. It is important to note that the strength of the tablet may vary slightly and you need to get the right instructions with regards to the dosage of the medication. However, you should ensure that there is no change in the composition of the medication to avoid any complications in the future.
● Ceftas 200 Mg Tablet by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
● Cefolac 200 Mg Tablet by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
● Mahacef 200 Mg Tablet by Mankind Pharma Ltd
● Zifi 200 Mg Tablet by FDC Ltd
● Taxin 0-200 Mg Tablet by Alkem Laboratories Ltd
● Omnicef 0-200 Mg Tablet by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
● Milixim 200 Mg Tablet by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
● Cefilab 200 Mg Tablet by Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd
● Zofix 200 Mg Tablet by Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
● Cefix 200 Mg Tablet by Cipla Ltd
● Cefspan 200 Mg Tablet by Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
● Cefi 200 Mg Tablet by Abbott
● Rite 0 Cef 200 Mg Tablet by Micro Labs Ltd
● Xecute 200 Mg Tablet by Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd
● Biotax 0 200 Mg Tablet by Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries
● Secef 200 Mg Capsule by Novartis India Ltd
● Traxol 0 200 Mg Tablet by Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
● Fixime 200 Mg Tablet by Wockhardt Ltd
● Pancef 0 200 Mg Tablet by Aglowmed Drugs Pvt Ltd
● Aricef 0 200 Mg Tablet by Micro Labs Ltd
These are only a few of the substitutes available for this medication and your doctor may prescribe others that are not mentioned in this list. As long as the composition of the medication remains the same, there is no need to worry as the tablet will yield the same results. Also, note that some of the substitutes may be in capsule form and you need not worry as long as the composition and strength remain the same as C Tax 0 200 Mg Tablet.
C Tax-O 200 Interactions with Other Drugs:
Using this medication with the below-mentioned drugs can lead to severe interactions and you should avoid them at any cost. Always inform your doctor about the medication you are using regularly and this will help them to prescribe the suitable medication to treat your problem.
● Ethinyl Estradiol
● Cholera Vaccine
The tablet can also have interactions with diseases like colitis and it can increase the symptoms of gastric problems. In most cases, the interaction will be mild and it will subside after you stop using the tablet.
In the same way, you should avoid using the medication if you are suffering from renal problems as this can complicate the situation and lead to undesired results.
The medication may have mild interaction with alcohol and it is always a good idea to avoid mixing alcohol with any sort of medication.
Taking the medication during lab tests can impact the outcome of the test and you should be particularly careful when you are going for a urine ketones test and coombs test. The outcome may show a false positive result and it is better to inform your doctor about using such medication while going for these tests.
Ans: There are no habit-forming tendencies associated with this medication and you can safely use this for as long as prescribed by your doctor. There are no withdrawal symptoms either and you can stop using the tablet after you get complete relief from the problem.
Ans: Getting a prescription is mandatory to buy this medication and you should always avoid getting such tablets from the counter. Always use this under the supervision of your doctor to avoid any complications in the future.
Ans: It is generally not recommended for use during pregnancy and your doctor will only prescribe this if the potential benefits outweigh the risks associated with this medication. However, you should try to use other safer alternatives during pregnancy to fight bacterial infections.
Ans: It cannot be used to treat infections caused due to the virus and you should only use this to treat bacterial infections. Your doctor will carefully analyze your health condition and then prescribe the medication based on the cause of the infection.
Ans: It is generally not recommended for children and you should completely avoid this tablet for children below 6 months. Your doctor will prescribe this for children only after analyzing the problem and the dosage may be very less in this situation. However, you should closely monitor the situation and be careful about the side effects of this tablet as this can affect the overall health of the children.