Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Vayusenabad, Delhi
Batra Hospital is Delhi’s first private multi-specialty hospital and was established in the year 1987 by Ch. Aishi Ram Batra Public Charitable Trust. At present, the hospital facilities include 495 beds, 112 ICU Beds, 14 operation theatres, 24 X 7 emergency service, and fully equipped diagnostic laboratories. The hospital aims to make the best medical treatment affordable for the common man. Over the years the hospital has progressed by providing optimal care and the most contemporary medical care facilities to the patients suffering from critical and life-threatening medical conditions. Today, the hospital is one of the most renowned tertiary care providers in the city having a panel of the best surgeons, nursing professionals, physicians, and technicians.
The hospital has carved a niche by delivering premium quality and affordable healthcare services to all sections of society. Batra hospital is responsible for establishing one of the earliest centers in Delhi for super-specialties such as Cardiology, Nephrology, and Oncology in the private sector. Other super-specialty departments which include departments for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Gastroenterology, Urology and Renal Transplantation were added a little later. The core philosophy of the hospital is to provide excellent patient care and value human life above all.
Batra Hospital Appointment Process:
The admission process of the hospital is simple and hassle-free –
- The doctor assesses the health of the patient and decides if the patient needs to be admitted to the hospital.
- During admission of the patient, the patient is required to fill in some forms and deposit a certain amount of fee.
- Depending upon the choice of the patient and availability of hospital rooms, rooms are allotted.
Batra Hospital Doctors List:
Following are the specialties offered by the doctors at Batra hospital –
Obstetrics and Gynecologists in Batra Hospital
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Batra Hospital is adept in providing the best medical care to a pregnant woman and her unborn child as well as catering to ailments pertaining to female reproductive health. The well-trained doctors at the hospital help in the detection and management of diseases specific only to women. Some of the obstetricians and gynecologists practicing at Batra Hospital are –
- Dr. Usha Srivastava – Dr. Srivastava is a senior consultant and Head of The Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department at the Batra Hospital. She is a well-experienced doctor who has been working as a senior consultant at Batra hospital since 1986.
- Dr. Shelly Batra – Dr. Batra is one of the best doctors in the hospital. She completed her MD from Kings George Medical College, Lucknow and bears an experience of over 30 years in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- Dr. Manjeet Arora – Dr. Arora graduated from Lady Harding Medical College, Delhi and completed her MD from Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi. She has been working as a senior consultant at Batra Hospital from the last 11 years and has 25 years of experience in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- Dr. Neeta Jain – Dr. Jain has 14 years of experience in handling high-risk obstetrics and gynecological surgeries. Dr. Jain completed her MBBS from SNMC, Jodhpur, and MS from SMS Medical College, Jaipur.
- Dr. Reena Jain – Dr. Jain is an Honorary Consultant at Batra Hospital. She finished her MBBS in 1997 from Gauhati Medical College. She pursued her Post graduation in 2003 from JNMC (AMU) in Aligarh. Dr. Jain is one of the most experienced doctors at the hospital bearing experience of over 16 years in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement in Batra Hospital
The Orthopedic Department at Batra Hospital is well established and has some of the finest doctors on their panel. In order to provide optimal treatment to the patients, computer-assisted navigation joint replacement techniques are often used. Some of the doctors practicing in this field are –
- Dr. D. K. Gupta – Dr. Gupta is a senior orthopedic surgeon practicing at Batra hospital. With more than 30 years of experience, he is well-known for his expertise in the field of Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement.
- Dr. Devendra Singh – Dr. Singh is a renowned orthopedic surgeon practicing at the hospital. Until now Dr. Singh has conducted more than 500 arthroplasty procedures and has published several research papers.
- Dr. Laljee Kent – Dr. Kent is a well-known orthopedic surgeon practicing in the hospital. He completed his MBBS from SMS College, Jaipur and holds more than 30 years of experience in the field.
- Dr. Samir Grover – Dr. Grover is an orthopedic surgeon with more than 25 years of experience in the field of Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement. Grover completed his MS from Kings George Medical College, Lucknow in 1990.
- Dr. Anil Lokhande – Dr. Lokhande is a senior consultant orthopedic surgeon with an experience of 27 years in the field. He specializes in conducting various orthopedic surgeries and is well known for his excellence in his field of specialization.
Dermatologists in Batra Hospital
Dermatologists refer to medical practitioners dealing with the ailments related to the skin. Batra hospital has a well-formed dermatology department with highly qualified and skilled doctors working at the hospital. Some of the best dermatologists practicing in the hospital are –
- Dr. Priyank Kumar – Dr. Kumar is skilled in carrying out dermatological procedures such as LHR, Peeling, Hair Loss Therapy, Fillers, etc. He completed his MD from Patna Medical College and hospital.
- Dr. Sanjeev Shah – Dr. Shah has been practicing in the field of dermatology for more than 27 years. He completed his MBBS from University of Madras, Chennai in the year 1991 and MD in dermatology from Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU in the year 1997.
Urologists in Batra Hospital
Urology refers to a branch of medicine that deals with the problems pertaining to the male and female urinary tract. It further deals with medical problems related to male reproductive organs. Following urologists practice at the Batra hospital –
Dr. Poonam Gulati – Dr. Gulati is a well-known urologist and has been practicing for over two decades. Dr. Gulati has done extensive work in the field of laser prostate surgery.
ENT Specialists in Batra Hospital
The Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Speech Pathology and Audiology is one of the most well-established departments in the hospital. The hospital is equipped with state of the art technology which helps the doctors to perform micro ear and micro laryngeal surgeries such as ossiculoplasty, stapedectomy, tympanoplasty, mastoidectomy, etc. for the treatment of different types of diseases related to the ear, nose, and throat. Some of the ENT doctors practicing at Batra Hospital are –
Dr. Sunil Kathuria – Dr. Kathuria has 34 years of experience in the field and is an active member of Indian Society of Oncology. Dr. Kathuria completed his MBBS and MS-ENT from G R medical college, Gwalior.
Dr. Sanjay Jain – Dr. Jain completed his MBBS from Assam Medical College and MS from Gauhati Medical College. He has been practicing as a senior consultant in ENT at Batra hospital for more than 15 years.
Oncologists in Batra Hospital
- Dr. Kunjahari Medhi
- Dr. Ritesh Sharma
- Dr. Irfan Bashir
Dialysis and Kidney Transplant in Batra Hospital
- Dr. Debabrata Mukherjee
Gastroenterologists in Batra Hospital
- Dr. Saleem Naik
Cardiologists in Batra Hospital
- Dr. Prangipalli Venugopal
- Dr. Upendra Kaul
- Dr. Asha Rani Khanna
- Dr. Rajiv Bajaj
- Dr. R.D. Yadav
- Dr. Nabajit Talukdar
Batra Neurosciences Centre
- Dr. S.K. Choudhary
- Dr. Amitabh Gupta
- Dr. Mohit Goel
- Dr. Pervez Ahmed Khan
- Dr. Sangeev Kumar
Clinical Psychologists in Batra Hospital
- MS. Ritika Budhiraja
- Dr. Amrita Gujral
- Dr. Tarabdeep Singh
- Dr. Dilip Shukla
Dietetics in Batra Hospital
- Dt. Jyoti Arora
Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolic Medicine in Batra Hospital
- Dr. Anshu Alok
General Surgery and Laparoscopy
- Dr. Vijay Hangloo
- Dr. Ravinder K. Pandita
- Dr. Arvind Kumar
Hematologist in Batra Hospital
- Dr. Ved Prakash Choudhry
- Dr. R.K. Mani
- Dr. Supreet Batra
- Dr. Vivek Pathak
- Dr. R.K. Bhandari
- Dr. Lalit Alok
- Dr. Mainak Bhatta
- Dr. Prerna Garg
Pediatrician in Batra Hospital
- Dr. Shalini Pandey
- Dr. Nikhil Mehra
- Dr. O.P. Tucker
- Dr. Nomeeta Gupta
- Dr. Sachin Katyal
- Dr. Deepti Singh
Physiotherapy in Batra Hospital
- Dr. Dipali Sarkar (PT)
- Dr. Himanshu Singh Nama (PT)
Plastic Surgeon in Batra Hospital
- Dr. Saurav Kumar
Psychiatrist in Batra Hospital
- Dr. Dharmendra Singh
- Dr. Partho Sharothi Bose
Thoracic Surgery in Batra Hospital
- Dr. Roman Dutta
Vascular Surgery in Batra Hospital
- Dr. P Mohanty
- Dr. Suhail Naseem Bhukhari
- Dr. Navin Chabda
Procedures Offered by Batra Hospital:
Following procedures are offered by the Batra Hospital –
Vascular Surgery in Batra Hospital
- Varicose vein surgery
- Peripheral angiography
- Brain aneurysm surgery
- Peripheral Angioplasty
Urological Surgery in Batra Hospital
- Prostate Resection Surgery
- Laser Prostatectomy
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumor
- Kidney stone Removal
- Transurethral Resection of Prostate
Surgical Oncology in Batra Hospital
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Lung Cancer Surgery
- Skin Cancer Surgery
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde cholangiopancreatography
- Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Renal angioplasty
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Squint Surgery
- Oculoplastic Surgery
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Cervical Cerclage
- C Section
- Abdominal Myomectomy
- Radical Cystectomy
- Abortion Surgery
- Ovarian Cyst Removal
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
- Fibroids Removal Surgery
- Abortion Surgery
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy
- Child delivery
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Skull Base Surgery
- Lumbar Puncture
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- Renal Angioplasty
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Hernia Surgery
- Vocal cord surgery
- Frontal Sinus Surgery
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Dental Surgery in Batra Hospital
- Dental Bleaching
- Dental Braces
- Dental Implant
- Extraction of Wisdom Tooth
- Root Canal Treatment
Cardiac Surgery in Batra Hospital
- Heart valve surgery
- Heart Valve Replacement
- Heart Transplant
- Ventricular Assist Device
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Mitral Valve Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Atrial Septal Defect Surgery
- Ventricular Septal Defect Surgery
- MIDCAB Surgery
- Pacemaker surgery
- Fetal Echocardiography
Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery in Batra Hospital
- Breast Reduction surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Laser Hair Removal
- Body Contouring Surgery
Packages and services offered by Batra Hospital:
- Services for international patients – The hospital does everything necessary to make the medical process easy for its international patients. Patients are well-informed about the treatment procedure even before they arrive at the hospital. In order to make sure that patients do not have to unnecessarily wait at the airport, the hospital even provides pickup and drop services for international patients. Hotel bookings are made by the hospital for international patients as well as their attendants.
- Educational programs – Apart from medical treatment, the hospital offers various educational courses. Smt. Lakshmi Bai Batra School of Nursing was also set up in the same year as the hospital. The college offers General Nursing & Midwifery a Diploma Program of 3-year duration. The degree is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council (INC). The college also provides B.Sc. (Hons.) nursing of 4 years in the year 2004 which is affiliated to GGSIP, and is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and Delhi Nursing Council (DNC).The hospital also offers DNB in various specialties such as cardiology, gastroenterology, neurology, nephrology, and urology. Broad Specialties for DNB include surgery, medicine, pediatrics, anesthesia, radiotherapy, etc.
- Research – The hospital actively participates in research activities and has full amenities to conduct all phases of drug and device trials in various specialties such as Oncology, Cardiology, Nephrology, Neurology, Urology, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery, Obstetrics, and Gynecology, Endocrinology, Orthopaedics, Internal Medicine, Epidemiology and Gastroenterology.
Batra Hospital Neighborhood Health Plan offers free as well as discounted services to the people who reside in the neighboring area of the hospital, as part of their CSR initiative.
Neighborhood Health Plan
The plan entitles the members to avail –
- Free ambulance facility up to 15 km for pick -up
- 10 percent discount on IPD which excludes medicines and consumables
- 15 percent discount on investigations
- 10 percent discount on OPD
- 5 percent discount on retail Pharmacy in OPD
Batra Hospital Discharge Process:
Just like the admission process, the discharge process is hassle-free. The doctor decides if the patient has recovered and can be sent back home. If yes, all the dues are to be cleared and any refund if applicable can be collected. The staff at the hospital guides the patients and the attendees at every step of the discharge process.
Facilities in Batra Hospital
- International Desk
Facilities in Patient’s Rooms:
Batra Hospital understands that the patients enter the hospital at the most vulnerable times of their lives. To help them a little in their hard times, the hospital offers comfortable rooms with a home-like ambiance. The rooms in the hospital have been designed in such a manner that there is ample space for the patients and their dear ones to relax. Also, there are guest rooms for the family members to relax when they cannot stay along with the patients.
Depending on the category of room chosen, the patient may get the following facilities in the rooms:
- Couch for attendant
- The patients are advised to visit the patients only during the scheduled visiting hours.
- Not more than one attendee can be with the patient at all times.
- Children below the age of 12 years must not be brought to visit the patient.
- Visitors are advised to strictly keep a check on their hygiene.
- Visitors should not speak loudly in the hospital’s premises making it uneasy for the other patients.
- It is always advisable to keep the phones on silent mode during a hospital visit.
- Bringing flowers, food, and beverages or any other items from the outside is strictly prohibited.
Why should You Choose Batra Hospital?
Batra hospital provides one of the best healthcare services in Delhi and has a specialized team of doctors as well as nurses. The staff at the hospital caters to all the needs of each patient round the clock. The hospital has a well-built infrastructure with 112 functional ICUs. The doctors at the hospital are pioneers in their respective fields and have earned recognition because of their work and dedication. Therefore, if you are looking for a healthcare facility that provides optimal medical facilities at an affordable price, you must consider choosing Batra hospital.
Amenities of the Hospital:
Pharmacy – The hospital has a 24 x 7 working pharmacy that provides all kinds of allopathic medicines. Batra hospital has one of the biggest pharmacies in the country with well-trained staff and registered pharmacists. The best thing about the pharmacy at Batra hospital is that they provide medicines at affordable prices.
Ambulance services – Two types of ambulances are offered by the hospital. One is the critical care ambulance and the other one is a cardiac ambulance (for patients suffering from cardiac arrest and other heart-related problems that need immediate medical intervention).
Blood Bank – The hospital has its own blood bank which runs 24 hrs. for 365 days in a year. The blood components are stored under ideal conditions with temperature control and alarm facilities. The blood bank accepts blood on a voluntary basis only.
Guest House – For the comfortable stay of the attendants with the patients, the hospital has in-house guesthouses. Each room is equipped with a double bed, TV, and fridge. The attendants may choose between AC and Non AC accommodation.
The hospital has the following certifications and accreditations –
- Joint Commission International (JCI)
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance
Batra Cancer Centre is equipped with a TrueBeam 2.0 system which is the latest path-breaking radiotherapy technology in cancer treatment. The instrument can perform the most complex radiotherapy treatment with the greatest accuracy. The true beam can treat cancer anywhere in the body and reduce exposure to healthy cells, thereby minimizing the side-effects of cancer treatment. The machine is faster and offers high dose rate radiotherapy 6 times more than a conventional linear accelerator. The machine is new hope for patients suffering from lung, abdomen, neck and head cancers.
BATRA HOSPITAL & MEDICAL RESEARCH CENTRE
Address- 1, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, Mehrauli Badarpur Road,
New Delhi-110 062 (Near Saket Metro Station)