Amlokind AT tablet is a medication that acts as a calcium channel blocker. This medicine helps in enhancing the flow of blood by dilating the blood vessels. One uses this medicine in treating a variety of diseases that include increased blood pressure, coronary heart disease, angina, and more. In some cases, the doctors recommend the patients to take this medicine when they are attacked with a heart stroke. This is an oral medication i.e., one must take it through the mouth. The effectiveness of this medicine will last long for a whole day.
It is a combination medication that comprises Amlodipine and Atenolol. Most people use this medicine in treating mild to moderate hypertension. It is not advisable to use it in those whose age is less than 18 years. If you are looking forward to getting the best improvement in your health condition then, it is also necessary to follow a healthy diet plan and exercise regularly alongside using the medication. The major purpose of this Amlokind AT tablet is to lessen the increased blood pressure.
Uses and Benefits of Amlokind AT:
Here are some of the major benefits of using Amlokind AT tablet that aids in treating, controlling, and preventing different diseases, symptoms, and other health conditions. Check out the uses of Amlokind AT tablet as listed below:
- Cures Hypertension
- Reduces the pain in the chest
- Treats increased blood pressure
- Ability to diminish Infarction
- Aids in curing Chronic stable angina
- Treats Myocardial Infarction
- Lessens the symptoms of Coronary Artery Disease
- Helps in treating Valvular Heart Disease
Read More: Zovi 5% Ointment Uses | Hifenac MR Uses
Side Effects of Amlokind AT:
Some of the medicines might definitely show adverse reactions in the patients. In such a case, you need not have to worry much. Some of the side effects may vanish in just a less span of time. While some other side effects might last for a long period. If you experience discomfort through those side effects, immediately contact your health physician. Here are some of the major, minor and moderate side effects of Amlokind AT tablet as listed below.
- Low Blood Pressure
- Pain and Swelling in Abdomen
- Heart Stroke in a mild way
- Vision might become blurred
- Horrible Sweating
- Loss of hunger
- Less urination frequency
- Pain in muscles
- Heartbeat increases
- Breathing problem
- Increased release of acids in the stomach
- Swollen Ankle
- Extremities in coldness
- Hands and Feet turns cool
- Eyes turn yellowish
- Peripheral Edema
Read More: Himalaya Tentex Royal Capsule Side Effects | Himalaya Septilin Side Effects
Common Dosages of Amlokind AT:
The dosage of Amlokind AT tablet depends on the age, severity and health condition of the individual. The health physician prescribes the dosage and time duration for this medicine. The patients need to intake the medicine based on the dosage as recommended by the doctor.
If you miss the dosage of this medicine, you can intake it whenever you remember. In case, if the time for the medicine is closer to the subsequent dosage then, you can simply skip the medication. You should not take a double dosage of this medicine. If you take overdosage of Amlokind AT medicine then, it might show adverse reactions on the individual. If you confront any side effects, try to consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Read More: Amlodipine Dosages | Avil Dosages
Composition and Nature of Amlokind AT:
In Amlokind AT tablet, there are a couple of active ingredients. Amlodipine and Atenolol are the major active ingredients present in Amlokind AT medicine. The composition of Amlodipine is 5 mg and Atenolol is 50 mg. Mankind Pharma Limited usually manufactures Amlokind tablets. The package of this medication comprises a total of 10 tablets. The strengths of this tablet include 50 mg and 5 mg.
Read More: Hyocimax Composition | Indocap Composition
How to Use Amlokind AT?
The doctor usually prescribes the dosage and time duration for this medicine. Try to intake this medicine as a whole without chewing or breaking it. You need to use this medication on an empty stomach. However, consult your doctor regarding the timings as well as the food you need to consume before using this medication.
How does Amlokind AT work?
Amlokind AT is a blend of two different medicines that include Amlodipine and Atenolol. This medicine lessens the blood pressure in an individual. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker that works by soothing the blood vessels. On the other hand, Atenolol is a beta-blocker that aids in slowing down the heartbeat rate. Both these active ingredients work in the best way to make the heart work in an effective manner. This, in turn, aids in pumping blood all over the body. This medicine stops the contraction of the muscles and further diminishes the increased blood pressure. This is the complete working procedure of Amlokind AT tablet.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Amlokind AT?
Check out some of the related warnings and precautions of Amlokind AT tablet for the patients before using this medicine as listed below:
- If you are suffering from increased blood pressure, you should evade abrupt changes in your position.
- People using this medicine need to undergo cessation for every week or 2 weeks and keep a close monitoring on the patient.
- One should not drive a vehicle or operate some heavy machinery while using this medication.
- Never hinder using this medicine suddenly
- You should not take a double dosage of Amlokind AT tablet in order to fill the missed dosage
- Be cautious while using this tablet if you are suffering from Hepatic impairment
- Don’t discontinue using this medication suddenly without informing your physician
- Try to lessen the consumption of alcohol and smoking
- Keep a close monitor on the glucose levels in your blood on a frequent basis
Substitutes of Amlokind AT:
Check out some of the best alternatives to Amlokind AT Tablets as listed below:
- Aldo AT 5 mg/50 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Shine Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Amchek AT 5 mg/50 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Indoco Remedies Limited]
- Amdepin-AT Tablet [Manufactured by Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Amlip AT Tablet [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Amlobet Tablet [Manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited]
- Amlodac AT Tablet [Manufactured by Zydus Cadila]
- Amlong-A Tablet [Manufactured by Micro Labs Limited]
- Amlopin-AT Tablet [Manufactured by USV Limited]
- Amlopres-AT Tablet [Manufactured by Cipla Limited]
- Amlosafe-AT Tablet [Manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Amlovas-AT Tablet [Manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Limited]
- Amloz AT Tablet [Manufactured by Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Limited]
- Amodep AT Tablet [Manufactured by FDC Limited]
- Ampine AT 5 mg/50 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Sunij Pharma Pvt Limited]
- Amtas-AT Tablet [Manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Angitol Plus 5 mg/50 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Ind Swift Laboratories Limited]
- Atecard-AM Tablet [Manufactured by Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Aten AM 5 mg/50 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Zydus Cadila]
- Avacard-AT 5mg/50mg Tablet [Manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited]
- Betacard-AM 5mg/50mg Tablet [Manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Corvadil-A Tablet [Manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited]
- Eslo-5 AT Tablet [Manufactured by Zuventus Healthcare Limited]
- Lupidip-A Tablet [Manufactured by Lupin Limited]
- Primodil-AT Tablet [Manufactured by Medley Pharmaceuticals]
- Stamlo Beta Tablet [Manufactured by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited]
- Tenochek Tablet [Manufactured by Ipca Laboratories Limited]
- Tenodip 5 mg/50 mg Tablet [Manufactured by Trident Pharma]
- Tenolol-AM 50mg Tablet [Manufactured by Ipca Laboratories Limited]
- Tenorex Plus Tablet [Manufactured by Baroda Pharma Pvt Limited]
Amlokind AT Interactions with Other Drugs:
Whenever you intake a medication for treating your disease alongside the Amlokind AT tablet then, it becomes an interaction. It is considered as a drug or medicine interaction. The interactions might be possible with the diseases as well. Some of the diseases that interact with Amlokind AT medicine include Hypotension or Cardiogenic shock.
Drug or Medicine Interactions:
Check out some of the major and minor interactions of Amlokind AT tablet as listed below:
- CYP3A4 inhibitors
- Ethinyl estradiol
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
One who uses Amlokind AT tablet should not consume grapefruit juice as it might enhance the concentration of Amlokind AT tablet. If you witness any of the symptoms such as a headache, dizziness and swollen hands then, it is advisable to consult your doctor. The physician might make some dosage adjustments based on your health condition.
There is no information on whether this medicine shows interactions with alcohol or not. However, it is advisable to contact your doctor prior to using this tablet.
Here are some of the commonly asked queries and doubts regarding the Amlokind AT tablet given below:
Ans: Yes, it is secure and safe to use Amlokind AT tablet. However, make sure that you consume this medicine in the prescribed amounts.
Ans: One of the major contradictions to this Amlokind AT medicine is allergic reactions. If you have an allergy to Amlokind, just avoid using this tablet.
Ans: There is no information on whether the tablet becomes an addiction or not.
Ans: Yes, it is absolutely safe and secure to consume this medicine at the time of driving. If you feel drowsy or sleepy, it is better to avoid any vehicle or operate some heavy machinery.
Ans: The impact of this tablet will long last for about 24 hours
Ans: If you have any kind of allergic reactions to Amlodipine and another active ingredient then, try to avoid Amlokind AT tablet. Inform your doctor regarding your allergy and try to change your medication. If you are suffering from heart blockage, cardiogenic shock, and Sinus Bradycardia then, you should not use this medication.
Ans: It is not known whether the consumption of alcohol shows some impact on the patient.
Ans: If you are breastfeeding then, it is not recommended to use this medicine. However, consult your doctor before using this medication.
Ans: It is not advisable to use Amlokind AT tablet at the time of pregnancy. There could be some risks so it is better to discuss them with your doctor.
Ans: Some of the countries that have given approval for using this tablet include India, Japan, and the United States.
Ans: The impact of this medicine can be witnessed in just two to four hours