Aldigesic P Tablet is a medicine manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Ltd. that falls into the category of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID). The medicine is known to ease pain and reduce inflammation. It is used to provide relief in the painful conditions associated with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
|Nature of Aldigesic P:||Non –Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID)|
|Uses of Aldigesic P Tablet:||Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis|
|Composition of Aldigesic P:||Aceclofenac and Acetaminophen|
|Side Effects of Aldigesic P:||Diarrhoea, Stomach pain, Constipation, Nausea and vomiting, Skin Rashes|
|Precautions:||Pregnancy, Lactation, Hypersensitivity, Asthma, Gastro-intestinal toxicity, Kidney impairment, Allergy, Bleeding|
Aldigesic P works by blocking the effect of COX enzymes or cyclo-oxygenase enzymes. This, in turn, inhibits the production of pain and swelling causing chemicals, called prostaglandins at the injury sites.
Uses and Benefits of Aldigesic P:
Aldigesic P Tablet is useful for treating various common health problems, some chronic diseases, and other temporary conditions. A list of all the possible uses of Aldigesic P is given below:
- Stiff neck
- Back Ache
- Joint pain
- Osteoarthritis or arthritis of the joints like knee, shoulder etc.
- Pain at the site of injury
- Ankylosing Spondylitis or arthritis of the spine
- Ear pain
- A mild toothache
- Period pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis or multiple arthritis
Side Effects of Aldigesic P:
Apart from the intended effects of the medicines, they are bound to show some side effects in some cases. These side effects may or may not be life-threatening, but in case patients experience side effects after consuming the Aldigesic P Tablet, they should seek immediate medical attention.
Some of the side effects are mentioned below:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Increased liver enzymes in the blood
- Low levels of iron in the blood
- Hypersensitivity (allergic reaction)
- Visual disturbance
- Shortness of breath
- Possible rash
- Flaking skin
- Redness of skin
- Sore lips and mouth
- Swelling of the face
- High fever
- Sudden wheezing
- The tightness of the chest
Common Dosages of Aldigesic P:
The dosage may vary from patient to patient. Age of patient, the severity of the ailment and other underlying health conditions are a few factors that help the doctor in deciding the dosage of the medicine.
- Missed Dosage : Take the missed dose as soon as it is remembered. However, it is recommended not to take the missed dose if it is almost the time for the next dose.
- Over Dosage: Over dosage of Aldigesic P may result in serious side effects. Rush immediately to a doctor, if over dosage is suspected. Diarrhoea, nausea, sore lips, and mouth and skin rashes are a few symptoms of over dosage.
Composition & Nature of Aldigesic P:
Aldigesic P Tablet is a Non –Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID). The medicine has two active ingredients namely – Aceclofenac 100mg and Acetaminophen 500mg. Aceclofenac is from a class of medicines called NSAID’s and Acetaminophen is a simple pain-killer that also provides relief in fever.
Aldigesic P Price in India:
- Aldigesic P 100 mg/500 mg Tablet (10 Tablets): 53 INR
- Aldigesic P 100 mg/ 500 mg Suspension (60 ml): 47 INR
When Aldigesic P is Prescribed?
Aldigesic P Tablet is a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID) that is known to ease pain and reduce inflammation. It is primarily used to provide relief in the painful conditions associated with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Doctors may also prescribe this medicine in case of a stiff neck, backache, joint pain, toothache, flu, and menstrual pain.
How to use Aldigesic P Tablet?
Follow the directions as directed by the doctor or as prescribed on the label. Swallow it as a whole. Do not increase or decrease the dosage without consulting the doctor. Do not chew, crush or break it. Absorption of this medicine is not influenced by food and thus it may be taken with or without food.
How Aldigesic P works?
Aceclofenac present in the medicine acts as a cyclooxygenase inhibitor. A cyclooxygenase inhibitor stops the signals from centres of the brain that controls body response to disease or injury thereby reducing pain and inflammation.
Acetaminophen works similarly by reducing pain signals from the site of pain to the brain, reducing the pain. It also releases prostaglandins that increase body temperature thus combating fever effectively.
Warnings/Precautions- When to avoid Aldigesic P Tablet?
Aldigesic P is may show dizziness in some cases and hence it is advised to avoid driving and operating heavy machines during the duration of the medicine. Other concerns that should be taken into consideration before consuming this medicine include:
- Hypersensitivity: Aldigesic P is not recommended for patients with any kind of allergy to anti-inflammatory drugs. Avoid the usage of the drug if the patient has a hypersensitivity to Aceclofenac or Acetaminophen.
- Kidney Disease: Aldigesic P shows severe side effects in the patients with an impaired kidney. It should be used with extra care and caution in patients having a known history of kidney related disorder. Appropriate adjustment to the dose and close monitoring of kidney function are required in such cases.
- Liver Disease: Aldigesic P shows adverse effects in the patients with any liver-related disorder. It should be used with extra care and caution in patients having a known history of liver disease. Appropriate adjustment to the dose and close monitoring of liver function parameters are required in such cases.
- Pregnancy: Use of this medicine in pregnant women should be avoided unless potential benefits outweigh the risks.
- Breastfeeding: This medicine should be avoided by the ladies during their lactation period as it may mix with blood thereby can harm the infant.
- Bleeding Disorder: Aldigesic P should not be used in case of any bleeding disorder as it may cause severe swelling and bleeding in abdomen, colon and anus.
Substitutes for Aldigesic P:
In the case of in-availability of Aldigesic P or any other reason, there are many alternatives present with the exact same constituents and concentration. Given below is a list of a few of those alternatives:
- Acecloren p Tablet produced by Indoco Remedies Ltd
- R Par Suspension produced by Ravian Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Acufen XP Tablet by Pulse Pharma Ltd
- Alto P (100/500mg) Tablet produced by Sain Ltd
- Aciter (100/500mg) Syrup produced by Wens Drugs India Pvt. Ltd
- Aroff Plus Tablet produced by Unichem Ltd
Aldigesic P Interactions:
Aldigesic P with Drug interactions:
Taking Aldigesic P Tablet in combination with other over the counter medicines, herbal medicines or vitamin supplements can increase the risk of side effects. Aldigesic P is known to negatively interact with the following drugs:
Aldigesic P Interaction with alcohol:
Aldigesic P should never be taken along with alcohol as Aceclofenac has a tendency of causing bleeding in the stomach due to interaction with alcohol.
Aldigesic P Disease Interaction:
Aldigesic P Tablet should never be consumed in case of:
- Gastrointestinal toxicity
- Kidney related disease
Variants of Aldigesic P:
Variants of Aldigesic P are:
- Aldigesic P 100 mg/500 mg Tablet
- Aldigesic P 100 mg/ 500 mg Suspension
Aldigesic P Suspension form:
Aldigesic P Tablet is available in both tablet as well as suspension form.
Medicines that should not be taken with Aldigesic P Tablet:
Mixing two or more medicines may change how the drug works and may increase the risk of side-effects. A few drugs that can react with Aldigesic P are:
- Corticosteroids (Moderate)
- Antihypertensives (Severe)
- Digoxin (Severe)
- Lithium (Severe)
How to Store Aldigesic P?
It is advisable to store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from the reach of children and pets. The packaging of the medicine must be kept intact in order to maintain its effect when being administered.
1) Can Aldigesic P be used to relieve stomach pain?
Ans: No. It is not advisable to use Aldigesic P for relieving stomach pain as it may increase stomach acid secretion which may cause another problem.
2) Can Aldigesic P Tablet be used by Kidney patients?
Ans: No. Aldigesic P Tablet cannot be used by patients suffering from kidney related ailments as it may cause severe damage to the kidneys.
3) Is Aldigesic P safe to use in lactation?
Ans: While there is no clinical evidence to show the mixing of the drug into the breast milk, Aldigesic P Tablet should be avoided by mothers who are breastfeeding. In unavoidable circumstances, it is recommended to wait for at least 48 hours after taking the last dose of Aldigesic P before breastfeeding again.
4) Is Aldigesic P safe to use?
Ans: Unless you are allergic Aceclofenac or Acetaminophen or suffering from any bleeding disorder, asthma, gastrointestinal toxicity, or liver and kidney disease, Aldigesic P is safe to use. However, avoid its use in case of pregnancy and lactation and always consult a doctor before taking this medicine.
5) Is Aldigesic P Tablet narcotic or steroid?
Ans: Aldigesic P is neither a narcotic substance nor a steroid; it is pain reliever and anti-inflammatory drug that works by blocking the effect of COX enzymes to inhibit the production of pain and swelling causing chemicals, called prostaglandins at the injury sites.
6) Can Aldigesic P be consumed to relieve arthritis pain?
Ans: As Aldigesic P Tablet is an anti-inflammatory drug that relives muscles and joints pain, it is used in painful arthritis condition. However, consult a doctor before taking this medicine.
7) Should I stop taking Aldigesic P Tablet if my pain is relieved?
Ans: No, continue it for the specific time for which the doctor has prescribed the medicine or consult a doctor before discontinuing it. However, if used as short-term painkiller, you may discontinue the drug.
8) What is Aldigesic P used to treat?
Ans: Aldigesic P is a non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug that is used to relieve pain and swelling associated with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
9) What are the side effects of Aldigesic P Tablet?
Ans: From minor to major, Aldigesic P Tablet may show a number of side-effects and hence it is not recommended for children below the age of 4 years. Some of the common side-effects include pain in stomach, diarrhoea, constipation, nausea and skin rashes.
10) Can I take Aldigesic P with alcohol?
Ans: No, Aldigesic P Tablet should never be consumed with alcohol. This is because Aceclofenac has a tendency of causing bleeding in the stomach due to interaction with alcohol.