Primarily, the Accu Chek Active Strips are meant to provide accurate measurement of blood glucose. Apart from that, it also provides relatively low-priced test strips for blood glucose which may be of particular help to people who seek to get hold of their own strips for testing.
There are many models of the instrument doing the rounds in the market. For instance, the newest model meets the 2013 ISO standards for blood glucose meter accuracy. One may upgrade the older device to the new one by contacting Roche Diabetes Care.
Composition and Nature of Accu Chek:
As mentioned before, the device is meant to provide an accurate measurement of blood glucose. The device also comes equipped with effective glucose test strips in order to facilitate those especially in need of their own test strips from time to time.
Uses & Benefits of Accu Chek:
The following are some of the most common and relevant uses of the device:
- First and foremost, the primary purpose of the Accu Chek Active Strips is to provide the most appropriate measurement of the level of glucose in the blood.
- Also, the device is facilitated with test strips of glucose.
- It is useful to note that the Accu Chek Active Strips contain flexible dosing. The flexibility allows users to decide whether to test with the test strip in the meter itself or to first apply blood to the test strip and then put the strip in the meter within a period of twenty seconds of applying the blood.
- It is useful to note that the test strip comes with a chart on the side of the pot. This helps reduce the level of the glucose in the blood by matching the color of the test strip against the chart provided.
- Another very significant point to underscore is that it must be kept in mind that the Accu Chek Active Strips need a comparatively large blood sample size as per the contemporary standards.
- If one opts for smaller samples of blood, it may be noted that the Accu Chek Active Strips is not the choice. He or she should switch to Accu Chek Aviva.
- Another important feature of the Accu Chek Active Strips is the presence of a lancet device. The lanced device ensures the skin is not torn. Apart from the lancet device, there is also a comfort dial. The comfort dial is meant to guarantee the slightest painful testing. The device includes seven different depth settings.
- It is equally relieving to note that the Accu Chek Active has a large, simple presentation with an interface that is simple. Generally speaking, the device is fundamentally easy to handle, flexible and extremely user-friendly.
Side Effects of Accu Chek:
The aforementioned device has no authentically verified side effects.
Common Dosage of Accu Chek:
As far as dosage is concerned, it is important to keep in mind that it is a highly subjective phenomenon. It must be noted that different individuals respond differently to a particular medication. Therefore, it is strictly recommended to first consult a doctor before using any kind of medication whatsoever.
Another crucial thing to note is that under no circumstances is self-medication permitted. Also, medication on the basis of mere heresy is equally discouraged. As far as dosage is concerned, it must be remembered that appropriate medical intervention should be sought before any kind of clinical venture. However, certain general recommendations may be made.
As mentioned before, the dosage is quite flexible. The flexibility allows users to decide whether to test with the test strip in the meter itself or to first apply blood to the test strip and then put the strip in the meter. This latter act must be done within a period of twenty seconds of applying the blood.
How does Accu Chek Active Strips work?
As far as the working procedure of the device is concerned, the following technicalities must be kept in mind:
- The sample size of the blood should be approximately one to two microliters.
- The time allotted for the result after the test strip is in the meter is not more than five seconds.
- The time allotted for the result while the test strip is initially outside the meter is approximately not more than eight seconds.
- The memory of the device is not more than five hundred results.
- Also, the device has the feature of Auto Power Off. The time range for the Auto Power Off is approximately thirty or ninety seconds according to the status of the operation.
- Also, as far as the data transfer is concerned, it must be noted that it may be executed via USB interface with a micro USB cable.
- The screen is LCD facilitated and the overall measurement range is between 0.6 and 33.3 mmol/L.
- The life of the batter is approximately not more than a thousand tests or one year.
Warnings and Precautions – When to Avoid Accu Chek?
As far as the precautions are concerned, it must be kept in mind that before using the device the manufacturing and the expiry date of the instrument must be thoroughly checked.
Additionally, it is important to remember that self-medication is strictly discouraged. The instrument should not be applied to usage on the basis of mere heresy or lay recommendation. Appropriate medical intervention should be sought before using the device.
Another important thing to note is that it is generally advised not to stick to older or rather obsolete models of the device. Due to repeated usage and relative want of technical facilities, it may be possible that the user does not record the most accurate measurement. Fallacious information might lead to wrong inferences.
Also, it is important to keep in mind the storage conditions. The device should be stored in the temperature range of -25 to 70 degree Centigrade. The relative humidity should preferably be above ninety percent. The aforementioned conditions are meant for when the device is without a battery.
Substitutes for Accu Chek Active Strips:
If one opts for smaller samples of blood, then he or she should switch to Accu Chek Aviva.